Job DescriptionAbout Us
Are you passionate about driving programs focused on national security? Do you want to be part of an organization that offers meaningful assignments and opportunities to enhance your skills and expertise? At DPS, you will experience a corporate culture of collaboration, equality, and trust. You will be given the means and mentorship needed to succeed, and your creativity will be rewarded. Join a growing, dynamic company as we continue to expand our portfolio.
About the Position
Dexis Professional Services (DPS) seeks an experienced candidate to serve as Data Engineer for the Department of Commerce, Office of the Deputy Assistant Secretary for Intelligence and Security (DASIS), the Investigations and Threat Management Service (ITMS).
ITMS conducts investigations and analyses to identify and/or assess critical threats to the Department’s mission, operations, or activities, and prevents or mitigates such threats from adversely affecting Department personnel, facilities, property or assets through strategic and tactical approaches.
ITMS requires support for the execution of law enforcement, intelligence, threat management, and other activities intrinsic to its mission. Specifically, staff will work to develop, implement, and assist with administrative management activities; perform a variety of sensitive duties; assist with cyber-centric investigative activities; and assist with sensitive and complex data-related investigative and analytical actions.
Must have active final Top-Secret clearance with SCI based on an in-scope Single Scope Background (conducted no more than 24 months ago).
- Forensically acquire digital evidence and examine data pertaining to ITMS investigative actions, including following legal and policy requirements and presenting findings as necessary during administrative and criminal court proceedings, and briefings.
- Support data management and processing requests.
- Perform testing of computer hardware and software.
- Research computer science-related policies and protocols, conduct necessary benchmarking, and develop or refine procedures for assessing the effectiveness of data processing processes.
- Maintain ITMS-owned or controlled hardware or software, and research, develop and/or review software and hardware tools.
- Support the execution of law enforcement, intelligence, threat management and other activities intrinsic to the mission of ITMS.
- Develop, implement and/or assist with suspense, workload, and caseload tracking, analysis, and coordination to ensure optimal time management and resource use; and assist with preparing performance metrics.
- Develop, coordinate, prepare and track internal and external correspondence, data calls and requests; draft memoranda and documents; and prepare and control other communication, including coordinating review by key stakeholders and dissemination.
- Create, review, and provide various reports and briefing materials.
- Communicate matters to personnel at all levels, and build and maintain organizational relationships to ensure awareness and effective messaging.
- Demonstrate strong customer service skills, and work effectively both independently and as a team member.
- Execute word processing and data entry, including demonstrating expertise and proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, and regularly performing extensive use of Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Establish and maintain records and files, including properly marking and disseminating materials in accordance with law, regulation and policy, and performing appropriate reductions in accordance with general records schedules.
- Perform other general office duties as assigned.
- Active final Top-Secret clearance with SCI based on an in-scope Single Scope Background (conducted no more than 24 months ago).
- Demonstrated experience performing data analysis, identifying and quantifying data issues, and data mapping and extract, transform, load (ETL) activities.
- Demonstrated experience with data visualization tools, i.e. Tableau.
- Experience and interest in math, statistics, operations research, economics or related quantitative discipline.
- MS/MA degree and related industry certifications with approximately 8 years of experience in a related field.
- Knowledge commensurate with a subject matter expert in the field of computer science as it pertains to computer hardware and software, including understanding various operating systems (such as Windows and UNIX) and network hardware and infrastructure.
- Knowledge of the concepts, laws, and practices involving chain of custody for evidence.
- Experience conducting digital forensic acquisition and performing triage of digital forensic evidence, including proficient use of software tools such as but not limited to Encase, FTK, Cellebrite, etc.
- Possessing and maintaining at least one information technology certification in the field of information security or digital forensics (such as EnCE, ACE, GCFA, GCFE, CISSP, etc.).
- Experience with Department of Commerce preferred.
- Excellent communication, organization, and coordination skills.
About the Organization
Are you looking for a company that offers meaningful program assignments and opportunities to develop professional skills and expertise? At Dexis, staff are empowered to be part of the decision-making process and collaborate with colleagues and management across the company to satisfy our clients. We create transparency in our operations with our clients and employees; and we offer our people opportunities to grow and challenge themselves in meaningful ways. Dexis follows a "find a way or make a way" business directive, and we’re paving the way for innovative management solutions in the global development and security assistance arenas worldwide. As a Dexis employee you will be challenged, empowered, and mentored. That’s how Dexis goes "all in.” How will you?
Dexis is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the US Armed Forces.