Reporting to the Project Director (or his/her designee), the Data & Insights Analyst will provide full-cycle inputs to the collection, validation, cleaning, analysis, and visualization of data, and support insights and knowledge management activities related to USAID’s public-private partnership (PPP) and private sector engagement (PSE) efforts worldwide.
• Lead and coordinate efforts to collect, clean, validate, and aggregate data submitted from USAID Missions and Bureaus
• Coordinate streamlined outreach and communications with USAID Mission and Bureau contacts to triangulate and verify data using various sources
• Aggregate and input data into spreadsheets and USAID’s internal and external databases, proactively troubleshooting data discrepancies
• Collaborate with PEPSE team members in data visualization (e.g. charts, slide desks, infographics) to convey insights externally and internally in a clear, concise, and compelling manner
• Manage CTP’s PSE Tracker to measure progress in supporting Agency and Mission readiness in promoting PSE
• Serve as go-to point person for rapid-response information requests for data and tracker information
• Collaborate with PEPSE team members to develop insights and analytical products based on USAID’s PPP data and CTP’s PSE Tracker, among others
• Support integration and dissemination of PPP/PSE data and insights within CTP communications and knowledge products (e.g. memos, infographics, side desks, PPP profiles, resource guides)
• Bachelor’s degree, 2-3 years of relevant work experience in data collection and analysis, preferably within organizations and/or initiatives focused on partnerships and tackling complex global development issues.
• Expertise in MS Office and Google applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Slides). Advanced skills in Excel strongly preferred. Knowledge of statistics software as STATA, SPSS a plus.
• Attention to detail and demonstrated experience with data collection, cleaning, validation, aggregation, and analysis (especially large databases). Strong interest in utilization of data to support sound decision making.
• Strong data visualization skills (including use of Tableau, Illustrator and basic graphic design software).
• Proven ability to fulfill multiple overlapping tasks in a fast-paced and decentralized environment.
• Proven ability to successfully complete demanding tasks in both team and individual contexts.
• Demonstrated strong cross-cultural and client-facing communication skills, as this role requires both analytical skills as well as relationship management skills.
• Understanding of US Government foreign assistance programming, partnership development, and policies highly preferred.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and three references to email@example.com. Please include “Data & Insights Analyst” in the email subject line, and save documents (cover letter, resume, and references) in one PDF as ‘Last Name_First Name.pdf’. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please. SSG is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About the Organization
SSG Advisors is an award-winning frontier market solutions firm based in Burlington, Vermont that helps a variety of donor, commercial and investor clients around the world to catalyze lasting impact. We envision a prosperous and just world of thriving markets, healthy ecosystems, and vibrant communities where business, governments and citizens work together creating a better world for all.
SSG seeks to catalyze large-scale social, environmental, and economic change by fostering new and dynamic forms of collaboration. We do this by fostering public-private partnerships, facilitating sustainable investment, and providing deep analytical insights in frontier markets. We strive to merge strategic insight with practical on-the-ground knowledge into an integrated approach that emphasizes results.
We seek candidates who are ready to apply their analytical and problem-solving skills to some of our planet’s greatest challenges in an entrepreneurial, fun, and fast-paced environment. We are looking for passionate and committed people who can work in a highly collaborative environment to deliver results for our clients and stakeholders around the world.