CARE is seeking an experienced professional with the vision to lead us in developing and executing a responsible data strategy. This position has a matrix reporting relationship to the Senior Director, Impact, Learning, Knowledge, Accountability (ILKA) for programmatic direction and to the Chief Information Officer for technical direction. This position supports a global portfolio of leadership responsibilities and is expected to work cross-functionally with internal stakeholders and external partners. This position offers the right candidate a chance to deliver transformative impact at scale, both to an organization with a storied history and ambitious humanitarian goals and the millions of people around the world that we serve.
- Guide the vision and strategy for enterprise data architecture, governance, services and business analytics
- Execute business analytics and data strategy
- Perform other duties
- Master’s degree in data science, data analytics, or other relevant area
- 7+ years of experience across a broad range of data systems, architecture, and application components & processes across the entire data value chain - including data warehouses, data lakes, big data, ETL, data modeling, database administration, security, user interface, reporting & analysis etc. Experience in implementing a data management strategy across large organization globally, including places with low resources and intermittent connectivity
- Experience solving complex data problems and delivering business values and efficiency
- Experience implementing, managing and setting the vision for data and business analytics roadmap
- Experience implementing global, complex reporting solutions
- Experience with or knowledge of leading open-source data collection & management platforms in the humanitarian and development space (e.g., DHIS2, Kobo Toolbox)
- Experience managing a team of technical and functional staff and working in a matrix environment
- Creative thinker with excellent interpersonal, collaboration, & communication skills at all levels, including data professionals, business stakeholders & senior executives
About the Organization
CARE is an international NGO with local staff and community partners in more than 90 countries. We create local solutions to poverty and inequality and we seek dignity for everyone every day and during times of crisis. These solutions have a broad range, from clean water to access to education; from microfinance to ensuring that everyone has nutritious food; from agriculture and climate change to disaster response. CARE puts women and girls at the center of everything we do because they have proven to be the best hope for creating lasting change in the world. Our staff live where they work, which makes us effective at understanding the challenges they face. We’ve been doing this for over 70 years, since World War II. It started with the world’s first CARE Package® of food for the post-war hungry in Europe. Our work today is as important as ever, we believe that poverty and inequality are historic injustices that we can end within a generation, for good. If you share our core beliefs: poverty is an injustice; poverty is solvable; and together, we have the power to end it, join us.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here.
The closing date for this posting, if listed, is approximate. Job postings may be removed from CARE's career website at any time.