Overview: This position provides data management support to the Monitoring, Verifications and Reporting Unit of the Somalia Program Support Services (SPSS) contract. S/he works in close coordination with the Data Manager on specific tasks and assignments. S/he is expected to provide strong support in ensuring data quality control and development of output tables from data sets submitted by Field Supervisors. This position is open to Kenyan nationals only.
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Partner with the Data Manager as needed with data entry and extraction.
- Provide assistance on analyses guided by the Data Manager.
- Perform regular cross-checks of all data for accuracy, especially for report writing.
- Lead the development of output tables from the data sets submitted via the mobile data collection platform.
- Responsible for the scripting of the tools into the mobile platform. (ASKIA)
- Participate in the training and coaching of Field Supervisors, team leaders and monitors on tools/protocols and MVR processes on an ongoing basis.
- Coordinate with the Data Manager to keep track of the quarterly USAID Somali IP reporting procedures and practices.
- Other duties as assigned.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent communications skills, good verbal and written English.
- Knowledge in mobile data collection.
- Understanding of monitoring and evaluation principles desirable
- Demonstrated experience in maintaining databases of qualitative and quantitative data; experience in designing databases strongly preferred.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of one or more statistical and/or data mining products such as SPSS, Stata.
- Strong organizational skills, analytical capabilities, able to work in a fast-paced environment, demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks
- Experience in remote management strongly preferred
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working with databases and entering and extracting data in usable formats.
- A proactive team player.
- Interpersonal skills and personal maturity, tact, courtesy, patience, adaptability, initiative, cooperativeness and resourcefulness.
- Oral and written fluency in English required.
Education: A degree in Information Technology, Statistics, or a related field.
Working Environment: Work is typically performed in an office environment.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: International travel may be required and may include travel to fragile or conflict prone zones.
Work Authorization: Candidate must be authorized to work in Kenya.
No phone calls please. All candidates will be acknowledged, but only final candidates for particular activities will be contacted.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. We are an E-Verify Employer. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
If you are an applicant with a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability, or unable to use the online application system and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Human Resources at 703-749-0100.
About the Organization
International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over three hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.