The Data Management & Reporting Analyst will join the Client Solutions team which is focused on developing and deploying technology solutions for MSI’s field projects like custom web apps, reporting tools, and mobile applications. The position will be primarily responsible for providing technical input and designing solution for large data collection, management, and reporting efforts. Example data collection efforts include:
- Data collection and reporting platform for an unexploded ordinance removal (UXO) project in recently liberated areas of Syria
- Conducted an early grade reading assessment in Zambia using a custom-built mobile application
- Third-Party Monitoring efforts in conflict areas around the world
The team is small, which means we focus on our individual strengths but aren’t afraid to go outside of our comfort zone to get the job done. A typical week may include a meeting or two with internal or external clients to identify problems and solutions, a bunch of time developing those solutions, and a few hours deploying those solutions in cooperation with our project teams. In addition to outstanding data management and reporting skills, you’ll need to communicate effectively, understand unique challenges our field projects face, and find efficient solutions.
- Lead analytics for a variety of data collection and reporting projects including requirements gathering, design, testing, and reporting
- Develop data models, workflows, and processes to facilitate the data collection and reporting lifecycle from start to finish
- Collaborate with the Client Solutions team to manage data outside and within relational databases
- Create user-specific, value-added dashboards and data portals in cooperation with the Client Solutions team
- Create templated reports using commercial and open source reporting tools
- Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems, Analytics, or related field
- Experience with commercial & open source reporting tools like Jasper, Metabase, Tableau, and R
- Knowledge of common relational databases software including postgres and MySQL
- Demonstrated ability to write SQL queries and functions
- Experience with mobile data collection technology preferred
- Strong interest in international development and aid work
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
About the Organization
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program to national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.