Mendez England & Associates is seeking a Data Management Specialist to support the Feed the Future Global Program Evaluation for Effectiveness and Learning (PEEL) project. Funded by USAID’s Bureau for Food Security, PEEL is responsible for assisting Feed the Future (www.feedthefuture.gov) focus countries to collect, analyze and disseminate qualitative and survey data on food security, nutrition, agriculture, and household economic status. The ideal candidate for this job will have: Five or more years of technical experience with demonstrated progression towards data management responsibilities; thorough understanding of the survey lifecycle; interest in nutrition and food security; and commitment to increase human capacity for data collection, management, and use in developing countries.
- Responsible for producing and managing standardized, cross-nationally comparable datasets according to recognized standards of practice, including OpenData.gov
- Developing and adapting systems for mobile- and paper-based data collection in relation to Surveys, using primarily the CSPro software system
- Support and assist fieldworkers, field supervisors, and in-country data managers to use mobile- and paper-based data collection systems
- Working with subject matter specialists to produce analyses based on survey data
- Building capacity in implementing agencies worldwide via workshops and seminars on data use and survey processing
- Coordinating technical support for data users
- Ability to design, implement and analyze online survey data utilizing Qualtrics
- Proficient in resolving data and analytics related to field research
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Sociology, Epidemiology, Economics, or related field
- A minimum of 5 years progressive experience in design, management, and implementation of complex information systems mainly focusing on qualitative survey data.
- Excellent, proven skill in using CSPro for both mobile- and paper-based survey data collection activities; significant expertise with a variety of database software (e.g. C#, C++, Python, Java, Atlas, STATA, SPSS)
- Availability to travel internationally up to 10% of the time
- Experience in public health, statistics, international development or demographic research
- Experience in working or living in the developing world
- A relevant second language, such as French, Spanish or Portuguese
- Positive, problem-solving approach
- Rigorous attention to detail and good organizational skills
- Ability to work in challenging environments and under pressure
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; ability to work independently and with a team
About the Organization
ME&A is an international development firm based in the Washington, DC area, providing innovative solutions for economic development and social progress in more than 40 countries worldwide for over 30 years. ME&A is an SBA-approved Small Business with branch offices in Armenia, El Salvador, Georgia, and Puerto Rico.
Our services focus on producing measurable results in three core areas: Natural and Water Resource Management; Public Administration and Governance; Economic Growth through Regional and Local Economic Development Strategies, Business Development, Competitiveness and Entrepreneurship; and four cross-cutting areas: Evaluations and Assessments, Communications Strategies and Knowledge Management, Learning and Performance Enhancement, and Program and Grants Administration. These cross-cutting areas are creatively applied to projects in our core areas of concentration and to programming in other subject areas.
ME&A is an equal employment opportunity employer.