IBI is currently looking for qualified Data Management Specialist candidates for an upcoming USAID-funded project in Nepal. The project will be responsible for supporting the USAID/Nepal mission’s Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) activities for all of its programs. The Data Management Specialist will report to the Deputy Chief of Party.
- Ensure USAID standards are upheld with all data collection and database management protocols under the project
- Lead the design and implementation of data cleaning, analysis, and visualization, including advanced statistical analysis for impact evaluations
- Review existing data collection methods, identify challenges, and develop a well-informed data quality assessment (DQA) protocol
- Manage and update the DQA protocol, as needed
- Supervise the work of the data analyst in data collection, data analysis, database management and production of program monitoring reports.
- Master’s degree in statistics, mathematics, economics, or a relevant field, or a Bachelor’s degree plus additional two years of related professional experience;
- At least six years’ experience in cleaning and analyzing data
- At least three years’ experience managing large databases
- At least three years’ experience working with monitoring and evaluation data
- Experience designing sampling-based data collection
- Knowledge of both PAPI and CAPI techniques and experience supporting the uptake of electronic data collection systems
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and at least one statistical software (i.e., Stata, SPSS, SAS, R, Python)
- Excellent teamwork, interpersonal, communication, presentation, and facilitation skills
- Previous work experience in Nepal required
- Familiarity with USAID/Nepal Mission is preferred
- Prior experience with USAID databases, impact evaluations, and/or performance monitoring required
- Superior skills in written and verbal English required
- Proficiency in Nepali preferred
- Citizens of Nepal are strongly encouraged to apply
To Apply: Please go to www.ibi-usa.com/jobs-opportunities and upload your CV for the Data Management Specialist position listed. IBI appreciates all applications, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
About the Organization
IBI is an international economic development consulting firm whose primary client is the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID). Our core belief, that the best way to improve peoples’ lives is through economic growth, is reflected in our corporate philosophy of “Global Insights – Local Solutions” – a commitment to providing top-notch technical expertise adapted to each specific context. Now celebrating over 23 years of operations, IBI is headquartered in the Ballston neighborhood of Arlington, Virginia.