Data Manager, USAID/Iraq Performance Management and Evaluation Services (PMES), Baghdad, Iraq
Under the recently-awarded Iraq PMES contract, MSI provides USAID/Iraq with utilization-driven support in the areas of project/activity monitoring, evaluation, research, organizational learning, and knowledge management. The primary goal of the contract is to improve performance management at all levels to help the Mission meet Agency requirements, make better informed strategic and management decisions, and advance USAID learning on effective development approaches. The project involves services across four components: (1) Performance Management, (2) Evaluation Services, (3) M&E Capacity Building, and (4) Collaboration, Learning and Adapting. The project will have offices Baghdad and Erbil.
**Please note: Only Iraqi citizens are eligible for this position**
The Data Manager will conduct data management and analytical services in support of PMES’ monitoring activities providing advice, assistance, and guidance to USAID’s program office, technical teams and implementing partners on issues related to the Mission’s monitoring and evaluation activities. The Data Manager will play a significant role in helping to create and manage the PMES databases and data systems, possibly including data collected to support evaluations and studies. The Data Manager will also play an integral role in analyzing and presenting PMES data for use in Third-Party Monitoring reports, studies, and other PMES reporting deliverables. The position reports Senior M&E Specialist (SMES) with oversight provided by the Chief of Party (COP) and is full-time.
· Support front-end data collection activities, ensuring high quality data in the system
· Manage incoming datasets generated by third-party monitoring activities; support technical teams in those datasets
· Generate maps, visualizations, dashboards, and user-friendly reports using third-party monitoring or performance indicator data
· Develop and introduce data management tools and strategies to promote and support the institutionalization of Collaborating, Learning and Adapting practices
· Support USAID/Iraq in the rollout of its new Development Information System (DIS) for storing Implementing Partner performance monitoring data
· Provide training and technical assistance to Implementing Partners on how to upload their data.
· Support data collection, storage and analysis of data for some evaluations and studies, as needed
· Respond to routine and ad hoc data quality assessments
· Assist the SMES and COP with other duties as required
· BS/BA degree in Data Management, Information Technology, GIS or a recognized equivalent
· A minimum of five years of professional-level experience creating and maintaining relational databases
· Ability to write SQL queries and familiar with JSON
· Experience using Data Visualization tools such as PowerBI and Tableau for use in the preparation of documents and dashboard
· Experience with M&E and technical/M&E skills
· Experience using common statistical packages such as SPSS, STATA, R, SAS and Excel Power Query
· Ability to plan and prioritize own work under deadlines, as well as to work on own initiative and as a member of a team
· Excellent interpersonal communication skills with ability to work as a team member
· Strong oral and written proficiency in English
Reasonable Accommodations: MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please email MSI.Dept.HRRecruiting@tetratechinc.onmicrosoft.com with “Reasonable Accommodations” in the title. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com
About the Organization
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program to national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.