Job DescriptionRTI’s International Education Division is supporting education development around the world by strengthening education policy, management and practice in order to achieve measurable improvement in teaching and learning. From our well-established reputation in education system strengthening, to innovative work in early grade assessment and learning, RTI is improving education quality, relevance and efficiency through implementation of projects funded by USAID, DFID, DFAT and other donors and clients.•
The International Education Division is currently seeking applications for a Data Programmer/Analyst•to support and contribute to a range of technical and capacity building activities working with complex data using the Stata program. The Data Programmer/Analyst will work with the questionnaire developers and data collection team to map out, advise, and make sure the appropriate information is being properly collected. S/he will receive raw complex sampled data sets and will be responsible for data quality control checks, edits, merging, appending, and final processing. The Data Programmer/Analyst will deliver high quality finalized data, maintain proper and clear documentation, and will conduct preliminary analyses, exploratory analysis, and final advanced analyses. S/he will also co-author reports and disseminate results.
This position will be based in Washington, DC or Research Triangle Park, NC (RTI headquarters) and may require international travel (approximately 10-20%).
- Conduct all data processing and statistical analyses of pilot and full survey studies including: - Collaborate with the questionnaire developers during the developmental phases and provide item analysis feedback after the data collection phases.•
- Collaborate with the data collection field team prior to data collection.• Conduct all data monitoring, data quality control checking, and data editing and documentation.• Provide data quality feedback to the field team during data collection.
- Conduct all data processing, editing, and proper documentation.•
- Conduct all preliminary and exploratory analysis.•
- Coauthor reports and collaborate with report writers during report writing.•
- Collaborate with team and partners during the initial phases of the study to help develop and advise the best way to structure the complex/hierarchical data based on the questionnaires/assessments, the data collection plan as well as the major research questions of interest.•
- Conduct preliminary, exploratory, and advanced analysis with complex and hierarchical data.•
- Contribute to the continual improvement of education surveys, assessment and evaluation tools.
- Collaborate with teams of RTI colleagues and partners in this work, providing capacity building to host country counterparts and partners as required.
- Write, and/or contribute to the development of proposals, concept notes, expressions of interest, and publishable papers.
- Contribute to the design, development, and evaluation of innovative effective student assessment and evaluation tools.
- Collaborate with colleagues across RTI on technical, administrative and financial, and strategic initiatives.
- Bachelor•s degree with•2-3 years of experience using statistical programs such as SAS or Stata (preferred).
- [or] Master•s degree with 1-2 years of experience using statistical programs such as SAS or Stata (preferred).
- Experience working with complex and hierarchical data sets.
- Proven ability to explain and document: data processing procedures, data structure, appropriate analyses methods, and results in a simple and clear way.• •
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines under pressure.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with, colleagues, clients and/or consultants.
- Excellent soft skills, including interpersonal and communication skills, organizational•skills, a problem-solving, proactive attitude and a capacity to work •both independently and as a collaborative team player.
- Preferred qualifications - Degrees in statistics, mathematics, data science, or similar degrees.
- Language skills (French, Spanish, Portuguese, Arabic)
- Past experience with donor-funded projects in Africa, the Middle East, Asia, and/or Latin America
About the OrganizationIDG International Education