Assignment Title: Data Quality Assessment Specialist
Department/Location: Amman, Jordan (or Remote)
Technical Point of Contact: Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP)
Overview: IBTCI is seeking a Data Quality Assessment (DQA) Specialist to support the Yemen Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Project (YMELP), which provides third-party monitoring (TPM) services for the Office of Food for Peace (FFP) and the Office of Foreign Disaster Assistance (OFDA). The purpose of the DQA is report on the validity, reliability, timeliness, precision, and integrity of selected indicators for USAID Implementing Partners (IPs). DQA findings will help USAID flag any data quality issues and limitations, and provide practical recommendations on data quality issues to IPs in the short term. The DQA Specialist will assess the adequacy and integrity with which IPs are documenting and managing their data collection and storage processes.
Scope of Work:
- Review IPs’ data collection records to provide an overall assessment of the M&E systems that documents key IP processes and procedures for collecting, analyzing, and reporting data
- Communicate with IPs such that they are adequately prepared for the DQA.
- Orient the DQA data collection team to ensure that trainees are able to internalize the information provided and apply their learning during the data collection exercise.
- Ensure that all necessary information is collected during meetings with IPs and site visits; travel to the sites and report findings.
- Review each indicator against the quality standards and complete a DQA checklist, and where appropriate, a System Assessment Protocol at the USAID, IP and IP subcontractors’ level (as appropriate). Based on this review, identify actionable recommendations to address any emerging data quality issues.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Review and comment on reports from assessments of individual indicators.
- Submit Draft DQA report to YMELP in accordance with YMELP work plan. The report will:
- Summarize the data quality limitations and weaknesses identified for each indicator examined and will present recommendations about how to address such limitations/weaknesses.
- Share higher-level observations about the findings of the DQA exercise, as well as articulate lessons learned during the process of implementing the DQA.
- Present conclusions for each of the five USAID DQA standards emerging from the process.
The DQA consultant will serve in the above consultant capacity to support the IBTCI technical practice of Crisis, Conflict & Governance.
- This position does not authorize/require the consultant to directly communicate with IBTCI clients.
- This position does not authorize/require the consultant to have decision making authority on the final work product.
- 5-7 years of professional experience in international development, preferably working on USAID projects.
- Extensive experience in conducting rigorous and evidence-based DQAs.
- Fluency in spoken and written English. Conversational Arabic is preferred.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated understanding of humanitarian assistance
- Demonstrated familiarity with USAID requirements (i.e. ADS Chapter 201) on DQAs; and
- In-depth understanding of USAID performance management standards and guidelines.
- Extensive experience in conducting rigorous and evidence-based DQAs
Education: Master’s degree in International Relations, Applied Statistics, Information Technology, or related field. Additional years of experience may sub
Supervisory Responsibility: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: International travel to Jordan may be required, but the assignment may also take place remotely.
No phone calls please. All candidates will be acknowledged, but only final candidates for particular activities will be contacted.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment.
About the Organization
International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over three hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.