Data Quality Control / GIS Officer, ARTF, Kabul Afghanistan
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, DC metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia, and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the UNDP to national and local governments, NGOs, think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com
Since 2015, the World Bank has engaged Management Systems International (MSI), a Tetra Tech company, to provide third party monitoring (TPM) and verification for select ARTF projects. The World Bank established the ARTF TPM program to achieve the following objectives:
Please note: Only Afghan citizens are eligible for this position
- Given an increasingly challenging security environment, the TPM program provides critical data from the field as input to the World Bank’s implementation support and GoA line ministries’ own monitoring systems. The TPM program provides data on nationwide project sites, including asset verification and quality assurance, where World Bank staff are not always able to systematically visit the sites of geographically widely disbursed projects.
- The TPM program provides additional evidence that World Bank-funded programs are being implemented correctly, provides assurance to donors, focusing on infrastructure quality assurance and social and environmental safeguards, gender issues and select financial/fiduciary aspects.
- MSI serves as the Supervisor Agent (SA) which provides GoA line ministries with project monitoring and data collection support and shows how such practices could improve GoA project performance and results. This also helps strengthen GoA line ministries’ own monitoring programs. The SA reports directly to the World Bank, but also works closely with GoA line ministries responsible for project implementation at local and central levels.
Under direct the supervision of the team lead, the data quality control / GIS officer will be responsible for the data quality, geospatial analysis, creation of various types of maps, and management of deliverable datasets.
- Perform data quality control of data collected from external sources. The process of quality control includes reviewing the data for completeness and accuracy, identifying and correcting errors or omissions in the data and ensuring that the data is stored correctly in the database.
- Digitize liner feature alignments based on collected structures coordinates to make liner feature dataset.
- Perform a geospatial analysis as required; which use imagery to analyze objects and environments (World Bank infrastructure subprojects), determining catchment area for some canal subprojects.
- Create different types of map based on client requests, deviation maps, observation maps, site visits maps, security situation maps etc.
- Manage deliverable datasets and collected technical documents per subprojects in Egnyte.
- Prepare subproject trend analysis sheets for the monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
- Review and clean the inconsistencies data in the deviation trackers for all subprojects consultation with program compliance manger.
- Collaborate and liaise with ARTF KMs to get new projects and share the data with ministries GIS specialist as ARTF focal point.
- Provide collected raw data which includes excel file and photos to all ministries.
- Assist KMs with monthly reporting and communication with ministry teams regarding deviation reporting and rectification feedback.
- Perform additional tasks as required by MSI management team.
- Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) degree in geo-science/GIS diploma, applied statistics in the social sciences, sociology, psychology or other related social science field.
- Minimum of three (3) years of work experience in a related field.
- Strong communication skills. Candidates with proficiency (i.e. better speaking, reading and writing skills) in English, as well as the national languages Pashto and Dari, will be given preference.
- Candidates should possess tactfulness, enthusiasm towards his assigned tasks, good human relationship skills, integrity, honesty, and the ability to work under pressure to accomplish work tasks within assigned given time periods.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.