You: a junior professional who has a penchant for curating data, with a keen eye for detail, and demonstrated skill in collecting, reviewing, and systematizing important data to contribute to global development.
Us: a buzzed-about social enterprise committed to changing the world through our audience of one million aid workers and development professionals. If you’re eager to apply your sense of efficiency and organization to make a real difference for people everywhere, and to help build one of the most exciting new media platforms in the world, we’d love to meet you.
You’ll find at Devex an opportunity to carve out your own place in the world, learn from sharp, committed colleagues, and be part of an energizing culture that’s low on bureaucracy and high on impact (and fun).
Why this position is great for you:
If you are a junior professional looking for experience, this is your chance to get insider exposure to the information that international development organizations need.
The Development Data team’s goal is to make sure Devex members are the first to know about funding opportunities and the information they receive from us is accurate, reader-friendly, and adds value to their user experience. We track the funding notices, procurement opportunities, contract awards, and job announcements of major development donors such as the World Bank, ADB, USAID and the EU as well as implementers, corporations, private foundations, and other philanthropic organizations that operate at the intersection of business and global development.
The Project: The successful candidate is expected to process data related to international development to increase our coverage and contribute to the growth of our database. Organizations like Save the Children, CARE, ONE, Gates Foundation, and more–rely on us to get up-to-date and accurate data for their work.
The responsibilities of the Data Specialist will be:
- Processing a variety of procurement information: donor strategies, tenders, grants, short-lists and contract awards.
- Contributing to the growth of our job board by posting development jobs so our members know about all of the best open development positions.
- Ensuring information quality and presenting it so it is helpful to Devex members around the world.
- Participating in general team activities, including team meetings, training, and coordination work with other teams.
- Performing other tasks/duties that may be assigned.
To fit well in this role you must be a true team player and problem solver.You must have excellent social and communications skills to get the information you need, and a professional, collaborative attitude to coordinate with diverse groups–whether donor agencies or colleagues within the organization–to get the job done.
You also must have…
- Attention to detail and an appreciation for data and process improvement
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university
- A basic understanding of international development and global mindset
Besides the basic requirements, here’s what we’d love to see…
- Prior experience in data collection, research and/or analysis;
- Excellent written and verbal communication abilities;
- Basic proficiency in reading foreign languages; and
- You haven’t just heard of the World Bank and the Gates Foundation – you actually know what they do and how they work.
Compensation and Benefits:
We’re looking for applicants interested in full-time, project-based work for 1 year, with the possibility of an extension of up to 12 months thereafter.
Committed applicants can expect one-day processing of their application, with a turnaround time for results within 5 business days.
The base pay is Php18,000 with an opportunity to earn monthly bonuses of up to Php10,000. This position requires no probationary period, and you will have access to HMO services as soon as you start working at Devex.
We are Devex, a driving force in global development, and you can see what we do here. This position is based in our Manila Office located in Ortigas Center, Pasig City, just a couple of blocks from the Asian Development Bank.
Get the conversation started by submitting your CV and cover letter today!
About the Organization
Devex is the media platform for the global development community. As a social enterprise, we connect and inform development, health, humanitarian and sustainability professionals through news, business intelligence and funding & career opportunities so you can do more good for more people.
An international organization founded at the Harvard Kennedy School, Devex is headquartered in Washington, DC, and has offices in Barcelona, Manila, and Tokyo, and reporters around the world. Our diverse global team includes 100 web-savvy journalists, analysts, developers, designers, and marketers. Devexers live our mission, and bring their top-notch academic and professional credentials to work every day to change the world. Get to know us better by checking out our tumblr page.