Job DescriptionData Systems Implementation Advisor
International Development Group, Global Health Division
The Global Health Division (GHD) of the International Development Group (IDG) of RTI International is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Data Systems Implementation Advisor (Internal Title: Research Health Informaticist 2). This is a full-time position based in Atlanta, GA (preferred) or another RTI International office location.
IDG provides technical assistance, applied research, and training to local and national governments in developing and transition countries. RTI has extensive experience designing, implementing, and managing information and communications technology projects around the world. Our work to improve information systems is carried out in conjunction with RTI’s strong social science background in projects to strengthen local and national governments and systems in developing countries and open new channels of communication between citizens, their leaders, and create new opportunities for individuals.
RTI is seeking a dynamic professional to lead and support the development and implementation of the District Health Information System 2 (DHIS2) as a project database and data visualization tool. S/he will work as part of a technical team and, with guidance, will configure and implement DHIS2 to support programs with data collection, storage, visualization, and analysis. The candidate will provide support to international projects via remote communications, as well as travel internationally when required, primarily to developing countries. Candidates should have demonstrated ability to design and implement DHIS2 based on stakeholder requirements elicitation and iterate the system based on user feedback.
The Data Systems Implementation Advisor will report directly to the Senior Manager of ICT Project Management, Global Health Division.
• Development and customization of open source software products
• Implement DHIS2 as a project specific database to collect and store primary data (web forms, DHIS2 Tracker) and through API integrations with external data sources
• Develop DHIS2 dashboard reports and data exports
• Provide oversight, maintenance, and end-user support for DHIS2 hosted solutions used for data storage, analysis, and reporting
• Build local and HQ level team capacity to use DHIS2 through training sessions and materials
• Create written documentation and technical diagrams of the functionality of software components, information flow, and entity relationships
• Represent RTI to current and prospective clients by gathering information on client needs, communicating concepts, developing sustainability solutions, and demonstrating capability
• Participate in DHIS2 related meetings and forums to increase RTI•s exposure in this area
• Travel and provide short-term in-country support to GH programs to Africa, Asia and/or Latin America.
• BA or BS in computer science, data science, public health, informatics, business analysis, or related field
• 10 years of relevant professional experience.
• Experience in developing systems with user-centered design requirements gathering.
• Experience in supporting and training end-users.
• Experience and ability to configure and maintain cloud hosted services including web services and databases, including monitoring uptime and load and disaster recovery.
• Experience in developing and maintaining system documentation.
• Experience developing and integrating APIs for data exchanges between systems.
• Experience deploying/applying relevant systems and software in developing country contexts.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Extensive knowledge of enterprise architecture implementation and design.
• Extensive knowledge of DHIS2 configuration.
• Ability to work in the U.S. without sponsorship, open to telecommuters•
About the OrganizationIDG Global Health