Position: Database Programmer (CMS)
Nationality: American National (AN) or Third Country National (TCN)
Base of Operations: Kabul, Afghanistan
Required Clearance (to be obtained): Moderate Risk Public Trust (MRPT)
Tetra Tech seeks candidates to be considered for a CMS Database Programmer position on the INL-funded 5.5-year Justice Sector Support Program (JSSP II) in Afghanistan.
This program is designed to utilize international and Afghan advisors to train and build capacity for Afghan officials within the Ministry of Justice (MOJ), Attorney General’s Office (AGO), Supreme Court (SCT), Ministry of Women’s Affairs (MOWA), and other justice organizations through four main components: organizational capacity building, legislative reform, case management system, and gender mainstreaming and protection of vulnerable groups.
The CMS Database Programmer will be responsible for analyzing and documenting database in ERD and UML documentation. They will also create design models for future capabilities and requirements of the application. They will provide analysis reports to management and staff, provide design requirement reports to management and work with contracted developer(s) on design changes.
The CMS Database Programmer shall:
- Analyze and document database in ERD and UML documentation.
- Create design models for future capabilities and requirements of the application
- Provide analysis reports to management and staff
- Provide design requirement reports to management
- Work with contracted developer on design changes
- A minimum of five years of professional experience, including relevant leadership experience.
- A minimum of four years substantive experience in a field relevant to their position (ex: computer programming, database development etc.).
- A minimum of two years international experience, including development programs.
- The candidate should demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of the Afghan governmental structure and processes.
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field from an accredited institution.
- Excellent communication skills, including public speaking and writing.
- Superior interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to endure austere living conditions and the inherent danger of living and working in Afghanistan, including possibly living in tents, double bunks, dry hooches, etc.
- The ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, stressful environment. In addition, he or she must be flexible, willing to perform other duties and work irregular hours.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to ApplyJSSP@tetratech.com referencing the position and project name in the subject line as soon as possible. No phone calls, please.
Tetra Tech is committed to diversity and gender equality in all of its operations - in the U.S and overseas. We strive to reflect these goals in our global mission and in our workplace. We encourage applications from women and underrepresented ethnic, racial and cultural groups. Tetra Tech is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.