SoCha, LLC seeks to provide Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) services in various locations worldwide to our foreign assistance donor clients such as USAID, DfID, MCC and GIZ. These services will work with our donor clients to manage the performance of activities and projects, evaluate them, and develop evidence from the resulting data that promotes learning and enhanced programming.
SoCha is looking for qualified individuals to fill the role of Database Specialist to support the oversight of these activities and projects.
Scope of Work
- Take multiple, large data sources (multiple formats and significant amount of content) to create a database with a user friendly and simple dashboard
- Use GIS to display variables on interactive map
- Create and manage a simple data collection form, manage data collection and cleaning
- Automate collection and organization of data from multiple sources and in various formats
- Create a dashboard including scraping tool to pull data from internationally recognized data sets and place into the dashboard. Dashboard should automatically update as data is updated. Dashboard should analyze data from multiple sources to present trends and answer questions.
- Database creation and management
Minimum qualifications and experience
· Degree in data management or similar field;
· 5+ years’ experience in database creation and management;
· 3+ years’ experience in merging data streams into a visualization dashboard;
· Extensive knowledge of Tableau and/ or Power.bi;
· Experience with Python is a plus;
· Experience working on USAID projects beneficial;
· English language proficiency both written and spoken
About the Organization
SoCha (a word created by combining the terms Social and Change) is an independent Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (ME&L) firm that provides bespoke solutions to social challenges. We are a veteran-owned small business, registered in the United States, and headquartered in Mauritius, which is an IT hub for Southern Hemisphere international organizations. SoCha is structured to be nimble and flexible, where we can rapidly respond to evaluative and analytical requests globally and have a well-established network across Africa and Asia. Since our inception in 2010, we have grown from a consortium of globally recognized experts who specialize in evaluating the effectiveness of development assistance, to a full-fledged ME&L services firm that specializes in advancing innovative methodologies and changing the way donors find solutions to social problems.