DEPUTY CHIEF OF PARTY-TECHNICAL DIRECTOR
IBI International is seeking qualified candidates for an immediate opening for Deputy Chief of Party-Technical Director for the USAID-funded Governance and Economic Management Support Program (GEMS) project in Monrovia, Liberia. This is a currently open vacancy for a long-term position, based in Monrovia, Liberia, under an on-going project. Preferred start date is February 2013.
The USAID-funded Governance and Economic Management Support Program (GEMS) is a five-year technical assistance program to improve performance through strengthening public sector capacity in Liberia. GEMS will develop and implement an economic governance capacity building program that targets human and institutional capacity building within GOL ministries, agencies, and commissions (MACs) under the three thematic areas of 1) managing national resources effectively 2) Building national wealth and 3) Promoting equity and youth empowerment. Specifically, USAID GEMS will work with key ministries, agencies, and commissions of Liberia to build management capacity, implement a comprehensive civil servant training initiative, strengthen the government’s capacity to manage natural resource concessions, facilitate the implementation of the government’s national ICT policy, and operate a modern national payment system.
USAID-GEMS currently has a number of subject-matter experts in the field, leading the design, implementation, and monitoring of capacity building initiatives in key public sector functions including public finance, human resources, public procurement, asset management, monitoring & evaluation, information and communication technology, training, natural resource concessions, and national payment systems. The complex scope and nature of the capacity development and performance improvement initiatives, and the need to ensure their integrated alignment with the current and emerging GOL priorities, require effective technical direction and coordination across all USAID-GEMS initiatives to ensure that USAID-GEMS’ technical and financial resources are deployed efficiently and project activities implemented seamlessly as performance improvement support is provided to designated GOL institutions.
The Deputy Chief of Party - Technical Director will manage and integrate the USAID-GEMS technical initiatives so that the objectives of the program are achieved effectively and in a cost-effective manner.
- Directing, coordinating and integrating all USAID-GEMS technical initiatives, in collaboration with the COP
- Directing and coordinating the work of the USAID-GEMS long and short-term technical advisors in designing, implementing, and monitoring these initiatives, in collaboration with the COP
- Identifying synergies across program initiatives to maximize delivery efficiency and effectiveness
- Ensuring the accuracy, quality, and timeliness of all technical reports, products and deliverables produced under USAID-GEMS
- Ensuring that the outputs are in line with GOL and USAID expectations and the USAID-GEMS standards of excellence
- Working with the COP to provide technical guidance and project leadership to ensure that all solutions packages and deliverables of USAID-GEMS are achieved in a timely and high quality fashion
- Ensuring compliance of project activities with IBI’s contractual responsibilities, policies and procedures
- Liaising with senior Government officials, leaders of all beneficiary institutions, non-governmental organizations, the private sector, other donors and community-based groups
- At least of 10 years of experience managing complex donor-funded economic growth, capacity building or training activities in developing countries, preferably in post-conflict countries in Africa
- Demonstrated experience managing stakeholder relationships in developing countries at senior levels of government and with international donors, and handling multiple tasks, meeting deadlines, and track and report on progress
- Aadvanced degree (MA/MBA level or above) from an accredited university in a field relevant to the needs of the USAID/GEMS project.
- Excellent project management skills
- Fluency in English and excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to use standard technology packages, e.g., Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Prior experience on a USAID-funded project is highly preferred
- Experience in Organizational Development and Human Performance Improvement is highly preferred, with Certified Performance Technician (CPT), Human Performance Improvement certification, or similar credentials desired
Please send your resume to HICD@ibi-usa.com, with DCOP-Technical in the subject line. No Phone calls, please. For Full Consideration, Please apply by January 21, 2013. IBI appreciates all applications, but only final candidates will be contacted.
IBI International is an Equal Opportunity Employer