Project title: Support to the Ministry of finance under the PAR sector reform contract
The objective of the assignment is to support on-going reforms within the public financial management system in Serbia through provision of policy advice, technical assistance and support to institutional and human resource capacity building. The assistance will provide an effective and sustainable support in designing, guiding, coordinating, monitoring and reporting on the implementation of the PFM (Public Finance Management) reform agenda through: improvement of the PFM Monitoring and Evaluation mechanism; strengthening the Public Debt Administration capacity; improvement of legal framework for budget preparation and capacities for budget execution; strengthening of Tax and Customs Administrations and enabling effective and efficient exchange of information among relevant stakeholders within the Ministry of Finance.
The expected results of the project
Results to be achieved under Objective 1:
- Improved Public Financial Management Reform Program Action plan;
- Improved framework for reporting and M&E methodology;
- Improved analytical skills of the PFM Working Group members;
- Strengthened capacity of the Technical Secretariat for Reporting on Implementation of the PFM Reform Programme;
- Improved skills of the MoF in implementation of sectoral budget supports.
Result to be achieved under Objective 2:
- Risk management model developed and tender technical documentation prepared for risk management part of IT-DMS;
- Public Investment Management Monitoring and Reporting Systems improved;
- Retail bond software tender - technical documentation prepared.
Results to be achieved under Objective 3:
- Budget Legal Framework harmonized with EU legislation (Directives 2011/85 on requirements for budgetary frameworks of the Member States, Regulation 1173/2011 on the effective enforcement of budgetary. Surveillance in the euro area, Regulation 1174/2011 on enforcement measures to correct excessive macroeconomic imbalances in the euro area, Regulation 1175/2011 on the stren, belling of the surveillance of budgetary positions and the surveillance and coordination of economic policies, Regulation 1177/2011 on speeding up and clarifying trie implementation of the excessive deficit procedure;
- Capital Project planning Improved;
- Strengthened-processes and capacity of Treasury Administration IT Department.
Results to be achieved under Objective 4:
- Improved tax audit function and integrity of registered taxpayer base;
- Improved administrative capacity of the Customs Administration in field of TOREU, corruption risk assessment and anti-corruption investigations.
Result to be achieved under Objective 5:
- Data structures and process information flows identified;
- Intranet data sharing system designed and procurement documentation prepared;
- Data warehouse designed.
Commencement date of the project: December 2018 (36 months)
Duration of the assignment: minimum 250 working days
Qualifications and skills:
- Excellent communication skills;
- Excellent negotiation, analytical and organizational skills;
- Excellent oral and written English;
- University degree in Economics, Finance, Business administration or a field directly related to the assignment. In case of absence of the university degree, the expert should have at least 5 years of relevant professional experience in addition to the experience required under the general professional experience.
General professional experience:
- Minimum 10 but preferably 15 years of practical experience in the field of Public Debt management.
Specific professional experience:
- Minimum 5, preferably 7 years of postgraduate experience in the field of Debt Recording and Reporting systems and/or debt management information systems;
- Minimum 1, preferably 3 years of practical experience with alternate financial instruments for government securitys.
About the Organization
Human Dynamics is a leading European provider of consulting services for the public sector with more than 120 projects implemented in 30 countries worldwide. Currently, Human Dynamics and its 300 experts and consultants advise more than 40 ministries and public/government agencies worldwide. You are welcome on our website for more details: www.humandynamics.org