Are you passionate about driving programs focused on foreign assistance? Do you want to be part of an organization that offers meaningful assignments and opportunities to expand your skills and expertise? At Dexis, you will experience a corporate culture of inclusiveness, fairness, and trust. You will be given the means and mentorship needed to succeed, and your creativity will be rewarded.
Dexis Consulting Group is seeking a Democracy, Governance, Peace & Security (DGPS) Specialist/Advisor. The DGPS Specialist/Advisor position is located in the USAID Asia Bureau Technical Services Office (USAID/Asia/TS). Asia/TS provides support to USAID regional platforms with technical staff focused on the unique transformational development issues confronting the Asia region. The DGPS Specialist/Advisor provides Democracy, Governance, Peace and Security expertise and support serving as an expert and advisor on a range of DGPS issues, such as local governance, human rights, civil society, media, transparency, democratic strengthening, rule of law, anti-corruption, elections, and political transitions.As part of the TS team, the position will cover all issues and challenges involved in implementation of J2SR, IPS, and other applicable USG and USAID strategies and policies. The position also will support all program management functions in any sector as needed.
- Assemble, analyze, track, and communicate facts, evidence, and expert opinions related to DGPS developments and issues of strategic importance to Asia Bureau.
- Conduct assessments and design projects based on assessments and consultations with both USG and non-USG community stakeholders.
- Develop and provide timely information, updates, expert analysis, briefs, and recommendations for action on DGPS-related developments and technical issues to key stakeholders within USAID.
- Lead and assist with implementation of all applicable USG and USAID strategies and policies, including but not limited to, J2SR and IPS and the Transparency Initiative components of IPS.
- Review project proposals, requests for funding, project reports, impact assessments, scientific and policy papers, and other documents related to DGPS programming in Asia.
- Assist with review and response to Mission strategies, performance reports, and other strategic and programmatic documentation.
- Collaborate effectively on intra-agency and inter-agency assignments and tasks.
- Assist the Bureau and Missions in design, development, and evaluation of DGPS sector activities.
- Advocate for DGPS-related issues within USAID, to other USG agencies, and to other key stakeholders, based on a firm understanding of USG, USAID, and Asia Bureau policies.
- Prepare, or coordinate the preparation of, a wide range of reports, presentations, briefings, publications, and other communications of strategic and programmatic importance to Asia Bureau.
- Provide direct support to senior leadership and others as requested, such as working with Bureau staff to define briefing needs and trip deliverables, and/or conducting advance planning and coordination of senior leadership’s schedule for domestic and international events.
- Support project management functions in all TS sectors.
- Communicate and interface with all sectors to develop sound programs and approaches that support implementation of USG strategies and visions.
- Perform other duties as assigned, including but not limited to, inter-agency and intra-agency coordination, project and activity management functions, and leading working groups and teams comprised of multi-sector experts.
- Master’s Degree in a relevant field (e.g., democracy/governance, human rights, political science, international development studies, regional studies)
- Minimum four (4) years professional experience, six (6) years of experience preferred
- Technical experience related to governance and transparency programs, human rights, civil society, media, elections and political processes, rule of law, or anti-corruption
- Capacity to design programs and interventions in DGPS area that address dynamic and evolving challenges to democracy in Asia region
- Excellent written and verbal communication with a demonstrated ability to translate technical material into easy-to- understand narratives
- Ability to take initiative working with the direction of management; must be able to take ownership of projects and creatively solve problems
- Planning and Evaluating - Organizes work, sets priorities, and determines resource requirements; determines short- or long-term goals and strategies to achieve them
- Decision Making - Makes sound, well-informed, and objective decisions; perceives the impact and implications of decisions; commits to action, even in uncertain situations, to accomplish organizational goals
- Interpersonal Skills - Shows understanding, friendliness, courtesy, tact, empathy, concern, and politeness to others; develops and maintains effective relationships with others.
- Project Management - Applies principles, methods, or tools for developing, scheduling, coordinating, monitoring, evaluating, and managing projects and resources, including technical performance
- Creative Thinking - Uses imagination to develop new insights into situations and applies innovative solutions to problems; designs new methods where established methods and procedures are inapplicable or are unavailable.
- Ability to obtain a secret-level security clearance required.
- Active secret-level security clearance.
- Knowledge of USAID and/or US Government administrative procedures.
- Experience with office technology and software with high proficiency (including Microsoft Office, Google Drive, and database management)
- Knowledge of International Development issues in the Asia region; and of the organization and operation of USAID is a plus.
- Ability and willingness to travel to the Asia region.
About the Organization
Are you looking for a company that offers meaningful program assignments and opportunities to develop professional skills and expertise? At Dexis, staff are empowered to be part of the decision-making process and collaborate with colleagues and management across the company to satisfy our clients. We create transparency in our operations with our clients and employees; and we offer our people opportunities to grow and challenge themselves in meaningful ways. Dexis follows a "find a way or make a way" business directive, and we’re paving the way for innovative management solutions in the global development and security assistance arenas worldwide. As a Dexis employee you will be challenged, empowered, and mentored. That’s how Dexis goes "all in.” How will you?
Dexis is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the US Armed Forces.