Type and Period of Performance: Part-time consultancy, approximately Jan 2019 - July 2019
Cloudburst is seeking a Democracy, Human Rights and Governance (DRG) Expert to support a USAID project to develop various products that support the integration of Sustainable Landscapes (SL) and DRG. There is a need to develop a better understanding of terminology across both sectors as well as develop a systematic understanding of what governance approaches and practices are used in SL programming and how to improve such programming.
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- In consultation with Cloudburst, develop a work plan for project activities.
- Assist in review of Sustainable Landscapes programming with a specific focus on DRG related activities. This activity will include developing a systematic process to identify governance practices in SL programming including conducting informal interviews or focus groups discussions and synthesizing lessons learned. Consultant should have recommendations of interviewees and focus group participants.
- Support the development of a sectoral guide that describes both DRG and SL objectives in language that is understandable to a general audience. This will include writing, developing high-level conclusions from the review process and providing insight on document structure.
- Suggest innovative DRG approaches that could be used in future SL programming to support SL aims, drawing in part on past successes and failures in the DRG Sector.
- Support the development of USAID Mission specific documents key programmatic synergies and opportunities for integration.
- Attend a break out session at a conference to discuss and launch the developed materials.
- Attend and help lead a one-day workshop to present the material and to work on specific integration issues. The goal of the workshop will be to help Missions rescope existing or planned programs to better integrate DRG objectives and approaches.
Minimum Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- At least 5 years of experience in democracy and governance research and programming.
- Master’s degree in a relevant field.
- Familiarity with USAID’s objectives, approaches, and operations.
- Familiarity with SL programming area and language. While there will also be a SL Expert on the team, consultant is expected to have some understanding of the SL programming area as well.
- Superior writing, communication, and analytical skills.
- Ability to conduct interviews and develop high level
- Excellent management and leadership skills.
- English fluency required.
- Travel to the workshop in DC will be required for the conference breakout session as well as the one day workshop. Both events will be scheduled in parallel.
About the Organization
The Cloudburst Group is a small consulting business with its main office in Landover, MD. Cloudburst is considered a leader in optimizing the effectiveness and sustainability of public/private programs that target underserved populations and support communities domestically and internationally. Our services include research, evaluation, planning, management consulting and technical assistance, communications and performance measurement.
The Cloudburst Group is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or genetics, or any other protected class. Cloudburst will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled