Job DescriptionAbout Us
Are you passionate about driving programs focused on foreign assistance? Do you want to be part of an organization that offers meaningful assignments and opportunities to expand your skills and expertise? At Dexis, you will experience a corporate culture of inclusiveness, fairness, and trust. You will be given the means and mentorship needed to succeed, and your creativity will be rewarded.
About the Position
The purpose of LEARN is to institutionalize collaborating, learning, and adapting (CLA) throughout the Program Cycle to improve the effectiveness of USAID programs in achieving significant development results and influence interventions pursued by implementing partners (IPs) and other development actors. This goal will be achieved by building the capacity of the Agency to incorporate the principles of CLA throughout the Program Cycle with products and services that support intentional collaboration, strategic learning, and adaptive management.
The Division of Economic Growth, Environment and Agriculture (EGEA), within the Office of Sustainable Development (SD), in USAID’s Africa Bureau (AFR) conducts technical analysis, develops technical knowledge products, and provides technical assistance to Missions in the Africa region. The objectives of this buy-in are to 1) improve the internal capacity of EGEA to function as a team for greater effectiveness; and 2) improve EGEA’s capacity for external engagement with key stakeholders in the field and DC. These objectives are accomplished through: supporting a change management process within the EGEA Division, providing a professional development program for the EGEA team, and facilitating a year-long, field-based cohort program.
The Deputy Activity Manager will provide project and client management support, as well as expertise in knowledge management and communications in support of the EGEA buy-in.
Project and Client Management (60%)
- Help to manage and/or identify internal and external resources for the buy-in, and ensure that the requirements of the buy-in SOW are being met
- Build and help to manage client relationships and internal relationship management to promote client satisfaction
- Maintain and coordinate buy-in calendar of activities and tasks; develop agendas for meetings and workshops (in conjunction with the Activity Manager and the client); and help facilitate virtual, in-person, and hybrid meetings
- Serve as backstop for 1-2 PIVOT Change Teams
- Draft project deliverables such as work plans and progress reports
- Supervise logistics (procurement, travel, catering, audio/visual connections, etc.) for meetings and workshops
- Support Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) efforts (with support from the LEARN MEL team) around effectiveness of buy-in activities and the evidence base for CLA (i.e. developing baseline/endline surveys, identifying indicators, collecting data, etc.)
- Coordinate with PMU backstop to inform operational budget
- Contribute to managing consultants, vendors, subcontractors
- Contribute to weekly updates to the COR and other internal reporting needs
Knowledge Management and Communications (20%)
- Support ongoing and strategic communication (emails, phone calls, in-person and virtual meetings, etc.) with EGEA, other USAID/Washington stakeholders, and the field
- Provide knowledge capture support at EGEA knowledge sharing events, including synthesizing information and drafting deliverables/reports as needed
- Help to establish practices to manage EGEA’s internal knowledge sharing tools and champion best practices among staff
- Provide input to, or develop, on-demand communications products (PowerPoint presentations, 2-pagers, infographics, etc.); coordinate with Communications consultants to deliver products
- Help to identify learnings and best practices in CLA, Cohort management, and other topics as identified and translate to products, such as PowerPoint presentations, 2-pagers, infographics, blogs, etc.
Travel (up to 10%)
- 1-2 TDYs to locations in Africa possible
- Supervise Program Associate
- Nurture and support staff to ensure they can maximize professional aspirations and manage performance per respective job description
- Provide constructive, timely feedback to support staff in addressing challenges and improving performance
- Provide mentorship and guidance as needed
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Represent LEARN and model LEARN values to the client and buy-in staff
- Practice effective co-creation and collaboration with colleagues and clients
- Become deeply familiar with and conversant in CLA practices and behaviors; know where to find relevant CLA materials and resources from USAID and LEARN; and support EGEA in its integration of CLA practices and behaviors
- Other duties as TBD
- Bachelors and 6 years experience OR Masters and 4 years experience OR PhD and 2 years of experience in international development or related field.
- Experience in project and client management, including setting and maintaining timelines and expectations, drafting deliverables, meeting client needs on short deadlines, etc.
- Experience with a range of knowledge management and communication activities
- Demonstrated management, and organizational skills; ability to be flexible and responsive to the client and maintain a professional demeanor in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience in on-line collaboration software and tools such as Adobe Connect, Google Hangouts, etc.
- Ability to work comfortably in Google Suite (doc, sheets, slides, forms, etc.) to develop professional, polished documents and products.
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team
- Ability to maintain routine communications with the LEARN team and client to ensure the project is implemented smoothly
- Professional references commenting on work style
- Ability to obtain USG facilities clearance
- Familiarity with capacity building, online learning, designing and facilitating cohorts or communities of practice, and organizational development preferred
- Knowledge of USAID and their operations preferred, as well as an understanding of the unique environment in which USAID projects operate; experience with other international development institutions is also helpful
About the Organization
Are you looking for a company that offers meaningful program assignments and opportunities to develop professional skills and expertise? At Dexis, staff are empowered to be part of the decision-making process and collaborate with colleagues and management across the company to satisfy our clients. We create transparency in our operations with our clients and employees; and we offer our people opportunities to grow and challenge themselves in meaningful ways. Dexis follows a "find a way or make a way" business directive, and we’re paving the way for innovative management solutions in the global development and security assistance arenas worldwide. As a Dexis employee you will be challenged, empowered, and mentored. That’s how Dexis goes "all in.” How will you?
Dexis is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the US Armed Forces.