Bangkok, Thailand and other locations in Southeast Asia
Interested in a career that focuses on positively impacting quality of life and influencing global and national policies in the developing world? Then look at ICF International. Backed by 30+ years of experience and a worldwide network of development professionals, we help clients promote sustainable development and build in-country capacity in leading areas such as global health, food security, climate change, and clean energy.
ICF International is seeking a Deputy Chief of Party (DCoP) for a future U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) program under the Regional Development Mission for Asia, to be based in Bangkok, Thailand and other locations in Southeast Asia The program will provide a platform to increase the capacity of secondary cities in Asia, through targeted technical assistance and capacity strengthening, developing technically sound and investment-worthy adaptation project proposals, and connecting them to public and private sources of climate funding/finance.
Position requires at least 10 years or more of progressively responsible work in managing and implementing complex, multi-national/regional activities and programs and in particular those involved with climate change. The DCoP will be responsible for program management, administration and operations. This will include personnel management, performance management systems, financial management, and timely completion of all program deliverables, with a focus on achieving the results defined in the contract. This individual will be expected to identify issues and risks related to program implementation in a timely manner, and suggest appropriate program adjustments.
Hiring for this position is contingent upon funding from USAID.
- Ensuring effective program management and goal setting for the programs
- Supervising project staff
- Performing quality evaluation of staff performance and deliverables
- Performing contract management requirements, including reporting and administrative responsibilities
- Coordinating and managing multiple subcontractors in an international setting
- Monitoring task order work plans to ensure quality control and timely delivery of all deliverables.
- 10+years relevant experience, including seven years in administering development assistance activities
- Relevant advanced degree in business or financial administration, monitoring and evaluation, public policy, international development or related field at master’s level or above.
- Experience managing international development assistance projects of similar scope and scale
- Experience on USAID projects
- Knowledge of donor-funded contracting and program management requirements, particularly those of USAID.
- Professional proficiency in written and oral communications in English and 1 or more Asian languages
- Demonstrated ability to manage multi-disciplinary teams of professionals in multi-national/regional environments.
- Familiarity with the political, economic, social, and cultural context of working in South or Southeast Asia
- Experience with an international contractor or NGO managing a program or office.
- Demonstrates trustworthiness and upholds the highest ethical standards.
- Builds commitment, optimizes diversity, inspires others to act, and generates enthusiasm for reaching shared goals.
- Builds a logical approach to solving problems based on information from multiple perspectives.
- Prioritizes and balances the need for client satisfaction, successful execution, cost control, and profitability.
- Organizes written work in a manner that is clear, easy to follow, and tailored for the intended audience.
To apply please submit your resume and cover letter at:
About the Organization
If you want to work on the leading issues of the day, if you want your work to reflect your passion in life, if you truly want to make the world a better place, then you want to work at ICF International.
Whether ensuring efficient use of energy resources, protecting the environment for generations to come, supporting cancer and HIV/AIDS patients and returning veterans, helping improve the education of American youth, delivering results in emergency preparedness, or breaking ground in any number of today’s issues, ICF works in the topics that lead the news.
We have a passionate commitment to our work and to helping our clients achieve their objectives. We combine technical expertise with world-class analytics. We provide room for entrepreneurial thinking and grass-roots innovation to achieve compelling results for both our clients’ projects and our own company. All our work is done in a professional, collegial, and intellectual environment that allows individuals the latitude they need to perform work that parallels their passions. Since 1969, ICF has been serving government at all levels, major corporations, and multilateral institutions. More than 4,500 employees serve these clients worldwide. ICF's website is http://www.icfi.com.
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels.
(EEO/AA – Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities)
For a listing of other career opportunities at ICF, please visit our Career Center at www.icfi.com/careers