Job DescriptionRTI is seeking a Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) to work closely with the Chief of Party (COP) to lead a 5-year USAID activity aiming to sustainably enhance the resilience of vulnerable households by increasing economic opportunities for poor households, improving nutrition with a focus on women and children, and strengthening community and local governance.
As the mission•s flagship resilience activity, the USAID Integrated Community, Agriculture, and Nutrition activity will strengthen the economic and nutritional status of selected populations. To achieve its purpose, the USAID Integrated Community, Agriculture, and Nutrition activity will integrate multi-sectoral interventions at the community and household level. The USAID Integrated Community, Agriculture, and Nutrition activity will help households and communities identify their own needs and vulnerabilities to seek and advocate for solutions, including improved services from government. The USAID Integrated Community, Agriculture, and Nutrition activity will serve as an innovative and catalytic activity with scalable interventions that will leverage resources in support of achieving its purpose.•Through• the USAID Integrated Community, Agriculture, and Nutrition activity, USAID expects development impact that is greater than the sum of its parts.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) will support the Chief of Party in management of technical and administrative personnel and subcontracts in implementation of this complex activity. Additional responsibilities may include:
- Work closely with the Chief of Party on overall program management and serve as Acting Chief of Party during any absence of the Chief of Party.
- Serve as RTI•s alternate liaison to USAID/Uganda, government counterparts, private partnerships, local organizations, and program partners when COP is unavailable. Ensures a high level of communication and close working relationships with USAID/Uganda, Government of Uganda, and other key stakeholders.
- Assist the Chief of Party to ensure timely project implementation and technical reliability, monitor project activities, and ensure quality. Assist the COP to leverage technical expertise across sectors within and beyond the project team in order to create synergies and contribute to program impact.
- Provide technical and/or operational guidance and serve as a subject matter expert in assigned area of responsibility.
- Coordinate the development, implementation and reporting on detailed management plans that may include implementation plans, deliverable tracking, etc., in assigned area of responsibility.••
- Track and report quarterly on programmatic achievements as required for project deliverable reporting.•• Produces technical and/or operational reports and updates for deliverable reporting and project success stories.
- Ensure effective coordination and synergies between policy •level, market level, and community based activities, while managing procurements, deliveries and other related logistical actions.
- Coordinate and oversee the operation of other project offices.•
- Master•s degree in international development, agriculture, economics, public health, nutrition, or related field of study or equivalent experience.
- Five (5) or more years of progressively responsible work experience in managing or implementing development programs, preferably in Africa.
- Ability to resolve sensitive and complicated work issues with senior-level country counterparts, donor representatives, and senior-level staff.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to develop and communicate a common vision to partners from different nationalities and cultural backgrounds and the ability to lead multidisciplinary teams is desirable.
- Excellent writing and oral presentation skills in English are required
About the OrganizationIDG Food & Agriculture