AECOM International Development is seeking a Deputy Chief of Party/Technical Director for the anticipated USAID West Africa regional trade program. The anticipated program will seek to increase global competitiveness and intra-regional trade strengthened agriculture value chains, and improve food security in West Africa. The DCOP/Technical Director will be key personnel and technical coordinator for the program by contributing to overall program leadership, technical assistance, strategic guidance, and management oversight. Along with the COP and the DCOP for Finance and Operations, the DCOP/T will have significant responsibility for achieving cost-effective, timely, contractually compliant results.
The Deputy Chief of Party/Technical Director will be responsible for ensuring the quality implementation of the program’s activities and interventions. The DCOP/T will manage the technical components of the program, monitor, evaluate, and ensure the effectiveness of interventions and activities, and compile program reports. The DCOP/T ensures integration and coordination of all components. Under the direction of the COP, and with the component leaders, the DCOP/T will coordinate with relevant Government Agencies regional bodies to ensure effective integration of program activities. The DCOP/T will manage the component leaders and the regional leaders, creating a collaborative work environment between components, technical specialists, and regional activities to achieve the program’s objectives and ensure effective communication between component leaders and the regions regarding program objectives, goals, and achievements.
The DCOP must be flexible, pragmatic, and able to think creatively to implement activities in a responsive manner. Additionally, the DCOP must be willing to travel throughout the region at least 50% of the time and carry out other tasks assigned by the COP, to ensure proper management of the contract. The DCOP will supervise staff in different countries and must thus develop management, communications, and reporting systems to accommodate the regional structure.
Roles & Responsibility
- Provides overall technical guidance and management of all program activities necessary to achieve objectives, outputs, and products to ensure meet requirements in terms of quality, schedule, and budget.
- With the COP, oversee the design, development, implementation, and monitoring and evaluation of the program’s multi-year strategy and annual work plans
- Directly supervise all technical component leads and regional managers
- Support overall planning, design, and operations of program and technical teams to ensure effective program implementation
- Coordinate integration of all components to achieve optimal results and impact
- Under guidance of COP, manage relationships with program stakeholders, including national governments, regional bodies, business and trade associations, and other private sector partners
- Work directly with ECOWAS member states to implement and coordinate technical activities of field offices, country representatives, and embedded advisors
- Prepare and/or assist in the preparation of reports and documents to USAID and program partners
- Master’s degree plus 10 years or relevant work experience or Bachelor’s degree and 13 years of relevant work experience, in the fields of Trade, Finance, Business Management, International Development, Agriculture, Economics, or a related discipline
- At least 5 years of experience with USAID programs similar in scope or size in sub-Sahara Africa or similar context;
- Demonstrated ability to manage large, complex, professional teams and regional/country activities
- Broad-based experience in providing leadership and managing integrated teams of international experts
- Technical expertise in trade, agriculture, and investment promotion
- Demonstrated ability to work with host government and cooperating partners in implementing a complex program in the field under challenging circumstances
- Excellent writing skills and proven experience in developing reports, work plans, and strategies
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing, and working knowledge of French
About the Organization
AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees — including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals — serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine’s annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World’s Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients’ projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at www.aecom.com.
AECOM’s Global Support Services (GSS) organization resides within AECOM’s Government business line and is comprised of three divisions — International Development, Operations and Mission Support, and Global Programs. GSS has the international presence, personnel networks and procurement infrastructure to deliver support for any mission, anywhere. We optimize the reliability, availability and sustainability of equipment, logistics systems and facilities for clients around the world. GSS supports the U.S. Government, non-U.S. Governments and industry clients with worldwide program management, planning, design, operations and maintenance, logistics, aviation services, security, international development, environmental and civil engineering and mission and intelligence support.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click here to view the EEO Is The Law poster.