The Pragma Corporation seeks a Deputy Chief of Party for the anticipated USAID-funded Accelerated Competitiveness for Enterprises (ACE) Project. The project will aim to increase private sector-led economic growth in West Bank-Gaza, through increased competitiveness of targeted sectors and through improvements in the business and investment enabling environment. The Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) provides support to the Chief of Party in managing the contract team, overall implementation, results and management. S/he must provide project operational and implementation oversight as well as support the Chief of Party. S/he must have technical knowledge in private sector development. The DCOP must have strong technical credentials in project management. S/he must fill in for the COP in his/her absence.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Graduate degree in a field relevant to private sector development. In circumstances where a candidate possesses exceptional relevant experience (defined as a minimum of 10 years of experience) but lacks a graduate degree, exceptional relevant experience will be considered.
- Seven years of international experience in managing complex economic growth assistance projects in developing countries that includes private sector engagement experience in a developing country
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a supervisory role managing economic growth assistance projects in developing countries.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English are required
- The ability to conduct business in Arabic is desirable.
- Previous work experience in the West Bank and Gaza or the Middle East is desirable.
If interested and qualified for the position, please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org . Please include “Deputy Chief of Party, West Bank-Gaza” in the subject line of your email.
About the Organization
The Pragma Corporation is an international development firm headquartered in the Washington DC area. With more than a quarter century of development experience worldwide, involving more than 600 projects, we provide expert technical and management consulting services to such donor organizations as the United States Agency for International Development, the Asian Development Bank and the World Bank. Our areas of specialization include Small and Medium Enterprise Development; Accounting Reform, Training, and Examination; Regulatory Reform and Business Environment Improvement; Agribusiness Development; Capital and Financial Market Development; WTO Accession; Customs Reform and Cross-Border Trade; and Regional Trade Promotion.