Chemonics seeks a deputy chief of party for the $71-million USAID Lecture Pour Tous (Senegal All Children Reading) project. The project is working in six regions in Senegal to improve early grade reading instruction in public primary schools and daaras, boost delivery systems for early grade reading instruction, and enhance parent and community engagement in early grade reading. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Provide overall management and operational oversight and guidance to the project
- Supervise operational and management staff in Dakar, as well as regional coordination staff working throughout Kaolack, Fatick, Kaffrine, Louga, Diourbel, and Matam
- Serve as the acting chief of party in the chief of party’s absence
- Apply technical expertise in at least one or more technical areas by assisting the project team in the area(s), supporting long- and short-term technical staff
- Build collaborative relationships with governmental agencies, donor/client organizations, relevant private sector actors, and nongovernmental organizations and institutions
- Advanced degree in education policy, planning, teacher professional development, or a related field preferred
- Demonstrated experience in relevant technical fields such as educational policy, planning, curriculum development, and teacher professional development required
- Minimum 10 years of relevant management, supervisory, and technical experience working with programs that are of a similar scope and scale to the All Children Reading project required
- Experience in establishing systems and overseeing program startup under limited time constraints and in program closeout; overseeing multiple program areas simultaneously; hiring, training, and supervising local personnel; managing project finances and budgeting; and tracking procurement desired
- Demonstrated track record in managing diverse teams, particularly in a developing country environment
- Experience working with governmental structures, local partners, and other donors active in the education sector
- Fluency in writing and speaking French required; fluency in writing and speaking English preferred
Please submit an up-to-date CV and cover letter with the subject: “Lecture Pour Tous: DCOP” in the subject line to SenegalACRPMU@chemonics.com by April 20, 2018. This recruit is being conducted on a rolling basis, so please submit your application as soon as possible. No telephone inquiries, please. Only finalists will be contacted.
About the Organization
Owned entirely by employees, Chemonics is an ISO-9001 certified international development company. For more than 40 years, we have partnered with local and international organizations to promote social and economic change around the world.