Creative Associates seeks a Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) for a USAID-funded project in the Philippines- Marawi Response Project. USAID’s Marawi Response project seeks to advance durable solutions for individuals displaced by the Marawi crisis (IDPs) in a manner that reduces the threat of conflict and extremism. Through the project, USAID seeks to implement locally-driven and community-centered approaches that enable IDPs to participate in their own recovery and be active contributors to the social and economic development of their communities. By doing so, USAID intends to simultaneously reduce the threat of conflict and extremism and bolster the leadership of women and girls in communities in and around Marawi. The DCOP will be responsible for the management of human resources, local procurement and information technology of the program in the fluid and complex operational environment of the Philippines. In the absence of the Chief of Party (COP), the DCOP will serve as the COP.
Reporting & Supervision:
Reporting directly to the COP, the DCOP will support the COP in the management of program operations and provide technical leadership and oversight, as needed. S/he will directly supervise the Procurement team, the Office Manager, the IT department, travel/logistics staff, and the HR and administration team. S/he will additionally serve as primary liaison for international vendors.
- Ensures smooth implementation in geographic areas of operation.
- Ensures that project implementation is compliant with USAID regulations and procedures.
- Ensures fair and transparent procurement processes.
- Ensure streamlined operations systems in line with Creative and donor rules and regulations;
- Provide administrative and logistical support to the portfolio of programs;
- Ensure an in-depth awareness of operational issues in the context of Marawi;
- Streamline and maintain procurement processes to meet grant deliverables and milestones;
- Serve as the primary liaison to all vendors and subcontractors;
- Responsible for day to day management of subcontracts with international vendors;
- Serve as primary liaison for Creative HQ on international subcontractor issues;
- Manage and oversees staff responsible for arranging travel and logistics for staff and project equipment and inventory;
- Provide timely and accurate reports on location of staff and assets and maintains proper hard and soft copy files for each. Reports may be requested by HQ or donor;
- Responsible for program compliance with USAID rules and regulations, and Creative policies and procedures;
- Support COP in all operations tasks and duties;
- Manage, train, and mentor key team members in the areas of administration, logistics, human resources, procurement, budgeting and finance; and
- Respond to requests from donor and supervisors as needed.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant social or administrative field;
- A minimum of five years of progressively responsible experience with complex donor-funded development programs, preferably including previous experience in Mindanao;
- Proven leadership and organizational skills, successfully managing and coordinating large and geographically disparate work groups;
- Demonstrated experience managing human resources, operations, procurement, sub-awards, and financial management functions under complex donor-funded activities;
- Written and spoken fluency in English.
- Strong analytical capacity; and
- Previous experience working with USAID desired.
Local and regional candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Position contingent upon donor funding.
Only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
About the Organization
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic development and post-crisis stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.