Position Overview: IBI is an international economic development consulting firm based in the United States that specializes in economic growth, public financial management, governance, and human and institutional performance improvement. Established in 1996, IBI has successfully implemented some 40 projects in over 70 countries. To learn more please visit our web site at www.ibi-usa.com.
IBI is currently looking for qualified Deputy Chief of Party (DCoP) candidates for upcoming USAID-funded programs in the separate areas of policy development, public communications, training and capacity building in Pakistan. The project seeks to provide consulting and technical assistance, exact scopes of work are currently being developed by USAID. For more information on this please check USAID’s business forecast and fbo.gov for relevant info and published Request for Information.
Employment Location: Islamabad, Pakistan, with travel throughout Pakistan
Period of Performance: The period of performance is five years.
Functional Responsibilities: Under the supervision of the Chief of Party, the Deputy Chief of Party is responsible for:
- Programmatic aspects of the S/he or his or her designee will supervise the activity development staff and other staff involved in activity development, implementation, monitoring, evaluation, and reporting.
- Work with and assist COP in the development of the Mission PTP, staff management, coordination with USAID and all partner organizations, TNA, planning, implementing and evaluating the results of training
- Serving as the COP and USAID COR primary point of contact for current information about the status of grants
- S/he will also ensure that the relevant staff use and maintain the PakInfo Database, TraiNet, and that data is consistent and
- Under the guidance of the USAID COR and Chief of Party, contributing to the design and implementation of the Assessment system at the activity level and for ensuring that all activities are monitored and assessed in accordance with the MEL
- Serve as Acting COP in the absence of the
- At least 8 years of experience in international development;
- A Master’s degree in human resource management/ international or economic development/ public or business administration/ public policy/ social science or a related technical field is highly desirable;
- At least 3 years’ experience in a leadership role in development projects of a size and scope similar to TFP-III.
- Previous work in Pakistan;
- Background in working with USAID or on USAID projects including having knowledge of USAID rules and regulations;
- Significant experience related to community engagement, communications and outreach, and capacity building;
- Familiarity with micro-enterprise, the informal labor market, rural economies;
- Fluent in English;
- USAID may provide additional qualifications not listed here.
To Apply: Please go to http://www.ibi-usa.com/job-opportunities and upload your resume. IBI appreciates all applications, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please.
IBI is an equal opportunity employer.
About the Organization
IBI is an international economic development consulting firm whose main client is the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID). Now celebrating over 20 years of operations, IBI is headquartered in the Ballston neighborhood of Arlington, Virginia.
IBI is dedicated to providing insightful analysis and practical, timely solutions to challenges facing governments and companies. Our experience has shown that the value of fresh ideas lies in their local implementation. In each assignment we look for ways to address challenges in a comprehensive way, bringing to bear best practices in all areas and partnering with local firms and individuals to ensure sustainable results