Under the leadership of the Chief of Party (COP), the Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) will serve as co-lead in achieving project objectives and will be based in Ethiopia. S/he will co-lead and oversee activities related to establishing an integrated electronic health information system in country, governance aspects of the project, as well as the data demand and use and capacity building strategies. Along with the COP, s/he will coordinate and collaborate with other donor-funded M&E/SI programs and governmental stakeholders in Ethiopia. The DCOP will also work with the COP to develop and implement the project work plan and assure timely provision of high-quality deliverables and routine project reports. The DCOP is the secondary point of contact for the USAID Agreement Officer’s Representative (AOR) in country and will serve as the acting COP as necessary.
* Advanced degree in in business administration, project management, public policy and management, public health, international development, statistics or other related field.
* 10+ years of experience in information systems strengthening and governance, monitoring and evaluation, informatics, or other field related to international health programs are required.
* At least 5 years of experience working in developing countries (preferably Africa and preferably Ethiopia) on USAID-funded or other donor funded projects involving health information system management and strengthening
* Thought leadership in the field of health information systems and information communication technology
* Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation experience to high-level audiences, and publication in peer reviewed journals, fluency in Amharic and English.
* Strong interpersonal and management skills
* Strong understanding and fluency in the field of information communication technology and innovation in technology for global health
* Proven ability to leverage and manage partnership and cooperate with host country governments and international partners in implementing multi-intervention health information system projects preferred
* Strong analytical and conceptual skills and the ability to think and plan strategically, ability to manage a culturally and linguistically diverse staff, consultants and counterparts.
* Attention to detail and ability to effectively and efficiently perform multiple tasks and balance competing priorities, often within a required timeframe.
* Professional and diplomatic demeanor and conduct, especially during interactions with the client and its constituents.
About the Organization
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.