Job DescriptionPosition Summary
RTI’s Governance and Economic Development (GED) Division pursues innovative approaches and builds on best practices to create the foundation for and to promote democratic governance and economic development. Working alongside global partners, public institutions, the private sector, and civil society, we help build more effective, accountable, and responsive institutions and policies at the national, regional, and local levels of government. We believe an integrated approach using cross-sectoral strategies•incorporating service delivery and the social sectors, such as health and education•achieve the best results. Our goal is to help build more effective, accountable, and responsive institutions and policies at the national, regional, and local levels of government.
RTI is currently accepting applications for Deputy Chief of Party • Operations (DCOP-Operations) for an anticipated four-year, USAID-funded citizen security opportunity in El Salvador that will reduce urban violence through strengthening community resilience, municipal service delivery and police engagement.
The DCOP is responsible for supporting the Chief of Party in all technical, operational and management aspects of the project and serve as second in command to the Chief of Party. She/he will oversee project operations, financial management, monitoring and evaluation, communications, and information technology support. Provide oversight to budgets, grants, operational plans, security, reporting, and procedural and financial compliance.
• Support the Chief of Party in all operational and management aspects of the project and serve as second in command to the Chief of Party. Oversee project operations, financial management, monitoring and evaluation, communications, and information technology support. Provide oversight to budgets, grants, operational plans, reporting, and procedural and financial compliance.
• Liaise with RTI home office counterparts to ensure effective resource utilization and management support.
• Support close coordination with USAID and program partners and stakeholders. Foster and maintain effective, professional relations with a broad range of government counterparts and the sector stakeholders.
• Support project management, technical work, scheduling, and deadlines associated with the project.
• Ensure all activities conform to the terms and conditions of project requirements, including cost, schedule and quality parameters.
• Ensure the timely and quality completion of relevant program deliverables and reports in accordance with USAID guidelines.
• Directly supervise and mentor project staff.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
Education and Experience
• Master•s Degree in Public Administration, Social Science, Business, International Development or related area.
• At least 10 years of experience in the implementation and management of related international donor-funded programs, including experience in Latin America.
• Demonstrated track record of managerial experience with large and complex projects.
• Experience with USAID-funded programming, including grants administration.
• Experience overseeing management of security activities for a large-scale program highly desirable.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge of management processes and systems, such as grants management, human resources management and development (including performance evaluation), financial management, and management of employee compensation systems;
• Good human resource management skills;
• Proven leadership and organizational skills, successfully managing and coordinating large and disparate work groups;
• Demonstrated team player with effective cross-cultural interpersonal skills.
• Exceptional communications and presentation skills (oral and written).
• Fluency in English and Spanish is required.
Position is contingent upon award and funding.
About the OrganizationIDG Governance & Economic Development