IBTCI is seeking a Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) for the anticipated USAID/Bangladesh Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Activity. The objective of this five-year contract is to ensure that all development programs funded by USAID/Bangladesh achieve their intended results through strong performance management of services in an efficient and cost-effective manner, with a focus on monitoring technical support services; evaluation of technical support services; and learning and adaptive management services. This position is contingent upon award.
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Manage day-to-day project implementation tasks, including management of all financial and administrative activities.
- Lead initiatives including procurement, grants, subcontracts, accounting, information technology, logistics, human resources, transportation and logistics.
- Supervise a team of expatriate and local finance, grants, procurement and administrative professionals; provide capacity building and mentoring as necessary.
- Lead quarterly and annual reporting for the project team.
- Partner with the COP in budget planning and monitoring.
- Maintain timely and accurate financial information.
- Work closely with subcontracting organizations.
- Develop, monitor and maintain internal systems and procedures ensuring efficient and proper use of resources.
- Serve in the capacity of COP in the absence of the COP.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong background in human resources, including recruiting, staff and performance management.
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex programs in a multi-cultural environment and in providing consulting services in helping clients analyze problems, devise and adopt solutions.
- Experience working in Bangladesh highly desired.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- At least twelve (12) years of experience in public or private sector management, administration, and planning; international development, preferably in developing countries; and development program management
- Previous experience in organizational development, management of development programs and/or contracts, and complex financial management systems required.
- At least 8 years of previous supervisory experience.
- Proven ability to work with all levels of the organization.
Education: Master’s degree in management, organizational development, financial management, or a related field required.
Working Environment: Work is typically performed in an office environment.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position does have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: This position is based in Bangladesh and will require travel throughout the country.
No phone calls please. All candidates will be acknowledged, but only final candidates for activities will be contacted.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment.
About the Organization
International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over two hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies, and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.