The purpose of the Ethiopia Electronic Health Information System (e-HIS) project is to support the Federal Ministry of Health (FMOH) in strengthening and modernizing the national Health Information System of Ethiopia. The project will involve supporting the government of Ethiopia to develop and bring to scale priority electronic health information systems, instill a culture of data use, build capacity and governance for the improved eHIS, and ensure integrated systems by fostering stakeholder collaboration.
Deloitte LLP is seeking a Dep. Chief of Party for an anticipated USAID Ethiopia Health Information Systems (HIS) project. The expected purpose of the project is to improve the collection and use of high-quality routine information in the health sector and contribute to improved quality, efficiency and availability of primary health and nutrition services at all levels.
The DCOP will be responsible for providing managerial and operational guidance for the program. His/her primary responsibilities will be to ensure that the program functions are aligned with both the technical priorities of the GoE and USG regulations. Thus he/she will need to work closely with the Technical Advisors, the Finance Officer and the COP. He/She will act as the COP when COP is absent. It is expected that the DCOP will be full-time for not less than 5 years. It is highly desirable that the DCOP have a Master’s in Public Health, Information Sciences, Data Science, Nutrition or related areas and at least 8 years of demonstrated experience managing operational, project management, and administrative duties for U.S. Government–funded projects or other internationally funded programs.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English, including evidence of quality report writing and presentations
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines with quality products
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to serve as a liaison with USAID, FMOH, and other key stakeholders in support of the activity
- Strong training, communications and personnel management skills
- Out of the box thinker who can bring nontraditional ideas/solutions to project roadblocks
- Ethiopian national strongly preferred
- Fluency in English required; Fluency in Amharic preferred
About the Organization
For more than 25 years, Deloitte’s Emerging Markets practice has worked with governments, donor agencies, NGOs and private firms in over 60 countries to build the institutions, legal framework, and policies required for effective public and private sector growth.