IBTCI is seeking a Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) for the anticipated USAID/Vietnam Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Activity. The DCOP will report to and work closely with the COP to ensure the effective overall management of the administrative, financial and personnel aspects of the project. The DCOP must ensure smooth office operation as well as financial management of the project. This position is contingent upon award.
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Responsible for day to day project implementation, including management of all financial and administrative aspects of the project, including procurement, grants, subcontracts, accounting, information technology, logistics, human resources, transportation, and administration;
- Supervise a team of expatriate and local finance, grants, procurement and administrative professionals; provide capacity building and mentoring when necessary;
- Assist with quarterly and annual reporting for the entire team;
- Support the COP in budget planning and monitoring;
- Maintain timely and accurate financial information;
- Work closely with subcontracting organizations;
- Oversee all administrative, procurement, logistics, travel, and protocol systems;
- Develop and monitor internal systems and procedures ensuring efficient and proper use of resources; and
- Serve in an acting capacity in the absence of the COP.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have a strong background in human resources in recruiting, staff management, and other human resource responsibilities.
- Must have the capacity to manage complex programs in a multi-cultural environment and in providing consulting services in helping clients analyze problems, devise and adopt solutions.
- Skills in organizational development, management of development programs and/or contracts, and complex financial management systems is required.
- Strong knowledge of monitoring, evaluation, and learning activities.
- Significant experience in Vietnam highly preferred.
- Must have at least twelve (12) years of experience in public or private sector management, administration, and planning; international development, preferably in developing countries; and development program management. Must have at least eight (8) years of supervisory experience.
Master’s degree in management, organizational development, financial management, or a related field required.
Work is typically performed in an office environment, with some time spent in the field.
This position does have supervisory responsibilities.
This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Travel to Vietnam is required.
No phone calls please. All candidates will be contacted, but only final candidates for particular activities will be contacted.
About the Organization
International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over two hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.