Deputy Chief of Party
Communities in Transition Division
Position Location: Northern Nigeria
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
Creative Associates seeks a Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) for an anticipated Good Governance USAID-funded project in Nigeria. The DCOP will support the Chief of Party (COP) and provide overall day-to-day management and coordination of project technical and administrative personnel and functions, including ensuring that appropriate technical and financial reporting requirements are met. S/he should have appropriate levels of complementary expertise, professional and work experience to support the COP and coherent and effective program coordination and operations, and possess the relevant management, communication, and interpersonal skills to fulfill this role.
- Manage program operations, including administration, logistics, procurement, budgeting, finance and compliance, property, and oversight of grants under contract;
- Support a broad range of activities related to good governance, public financial management, citizen engagement, government service delivery, and conflict mitigation;
- Serve as USAID liaison in coordination with COP and during his/her absence;
- Support the development of the project strategic framework and work plans for the program implementation to ensure the achievement of the program goals;
- Support the COP in management of the program team in an open and respectful manner; and
- Support the COP in implementation of project monitoring and evaluation activities.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in a relevant field is required; Master’s degree is preferred;
- A minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience working in governance programs, including experience with a Contractor or international NGO with demonstrated supervisory experience;
- Experience working in West Africa with experience in Nigeria strongly preferred;
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge establishing systems and overseeing start-up under limited time constraints as well as program close-out;
- Experience in the hiring and supervising of host country local personnel and ensuring, when need arises, that they secure necessary training required to meet program needs;
- Financial management experience, including budgeting; financial management (tracking, reporting, and accounting); and procurement;
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills.
- Fluency in US Government policies and procedures in regards to contract management, financial reporting, procurement processes, systems, and grants and contracts management; experience with construction procurements a plus.
Desired Skills & Qualifications
- Experience working on programs related to good governance, public financial management, government service delivery, citizen engagement, and/or conflict mitigation; and
- Experience engaging women and marginalized groups to ensure their inclusion.
Local and regional candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
This position is contingent upon donor funding.
Only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
About the Organization
Creative Associates International is a dynamic and fast-growing professional services firm that specializes in international development in the areas of education, democratic transitions and stabilization in post-conflict environments. Based in Washington, DC, the firm has a field presence in 20 countries worldwide with a strong and diverse portfolio that includes global contracts with the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) and other clients including the U.S. Department of State and the U.S. Department of Defense. The firm has earned a solid reputation among its clients and missions worldwide and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.