IESC is the implementer of the Exporting Quality program. The program provides technical assistance to increase productivity and sales for domestic and export markets of high-value fruit and vegetable value chains. The targeted value chains include greenhouse and Asian vegetables as well as avocado, cocoa, and pineapple. Technical assistance includes improved production practices, technology, farm management as well as improved adherence to international standards, including HACCP, sanitary and phyto-sanitary standards in food safety and quality control, Global GAP, and various marking and labeling requirements.
The deputy chief of party provides technical oversight to the USDA-funded Exporting Quality Program. The deputy chief of party is a full-time position (40 hours) based at the Exporting Quality Santo Domingo office and reports to the chief of party.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Design new and follow up on current program activities that increase sales, value of sales and productivity in the targeted global value chains;
- Manage technical team (three value chain facilitators) to design and implement activities;
- Oversee the development of technical reports, contribute to work plans, success stories, and other deliverables as required;
- Provide technical supervision to the Exporting Quality Program implementing sub partners;
- Nurture and maintain high-level relationship management with public counterparts, e.g. Ministry of Agriculture, Food Safety Directorate (DIA), and private sector producer organizations and trade associations, which supports program results, including increased trade and improved productivity;
- Coordinate and collaborate with other donor programs;
- Establish and ensure a high-level of responsiveness to the client (USDA) and beneficiaries;
- Ensures program adherence to policies and practices in accordance with IESC program manuals;
- Maintains the highest level of business ethics to serve as an honest broker between buyers and producers, ensures a fair approach to beneficiaries, and leads-by-example for others as a member of the senior leadership team;
- Maintains regular reporting to chief of party, supervisees, and general program staff;
- Serves as acting-COP when designated; and,
- Completes other tasks as assigned by the chief of party.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in agriculture science, with emphasis in horticulture or Agri-business; M.S. in related field is preferred;
- Work experience in related field for at least 10 years, including senior management of at least five years managing direct reports;
- Program activity analysis, design, and implementation experience related to successful increased production and sales;
- Experience with USDA, USAID, or other donor programs preferred;
- Ability to prioritize among multiple competing requests;
- Well-developed interpersonal and cross-cultural communication skills to manage a local team as well as international consultants and volunteer expertise effectively;
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills, including training development and delivery;
- Client friendly/client service disposition;
- Professionalism, positive attitude; and,
- Fluency in English and Spanish required.
Please note that this position is intended for a local national or a person with legal residency and work eligibility in the Dominican Republic. CV may be provided in Spanish. Letter of interest should be in English.
About the Organization
The International Executive Service Corps is a Washington, DC based not-for-profit that focuses on private sector growth. We support and catalyze the development of private enterprises, business support organizations, financial institutions, and public institutions around the world. Utilizing skilled consultants and expert volunteers, we’ve implemented over 25,000 short-term projects and 200 programs in 130 countries. True to our mission — Promoting Prosperity and Stability through Private Enterprise — we’re proud to have created over one million jobs across the globe