Kosovar Nationals are strongly encouraged to apply
Counterpart International is currently seeking a Deputy Chief of Party to support the anticipated Kosovo Up to Youth Activity, which seeks to address youth vulnerable to social exclusion by mobilizing and engaging youth in meaningful ways to effect positive change. This is a full-time position.
The DCOP will oversees implementation, logistics, and management of sub-awardees, and builds government relations. Serves as acting COP when needed. This position requires senior management experience.
- Relevant degree in a related field;
- Minimum of 6-8 years of progressively responsible experience in international development;
- Previous experience managing USAID-funded programs highly preferred;
- Demonstrated experience managing and implementing development projects focused on youth and community resilience and economic empowerment, preferably in Kosovo and/or the Balkans;
- Demonstrated leadership capacity and experience supervising teams of diverse staff;
- Demonstrated experience in working effectively in advanced, complex, politically sensitive activities;
- Demonstrated experience in working effectively with partner and government representatives, donors, and other stakeholders;
- Experience with adaptive management approaches
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English; required
- Prior experience working in official languages in Kosovo (Albanian and Serbian); strongly preferred.
Note: Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
About the Organization
Counterpart International helps people build better lives and more durable futures, community by community. We equip individuals, organizations and communities-our counterparts- to become solution creators in their own families, communities, regions and countries. We work with them in some of the world’s most challenging places to tackle social, economic, environmental, health and governance issues that threaten their lives and undermine their futures.
For more information on Counterpart, please visit our website at www.Counterpart.org