Panagora Group, a woman-owned small business specializing in global health and international development, seeks an experienced Deputy Chief of Party for the anticipated 5-year USAID/Bangladesh Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning (MEL) Activity. The MEL Activity will provide USAID/Bangladesh with monitoring, evaluation and learning support services and build the capacity of USAID/Bangladesh staff, implementing partners and the Government of Bangladesh.The MEL Activity will serve as USAID/Bangladesh’s centralized performance management support mechanism.
This is a long-term position based in Dhaka, Bangladesh expected to start in January 2019. The position is contingent upon award and USAID approval.
- Provide overall leadership, management and technical direction of the MEL Activity
- Effectively manage all long and short-term staff in providing timely, relevant, high-quality services
- Ensure quality control and responsiveness of technical assistance provided under the contract, including necessary adjustments to operations to fit the requirements of USAID
- Work with home office staff to identify and nominate technical specialists and consultants for short-term technical assistance to meet the objectives of the project
- Coordinate, as requested by USAID/Bangladesh, with USAID partner organizations to conduct performance management support tasks in accordance with the work plan
- Advise and educate partners, USAID teams, and other implementing organizations on policies and services offered by the MEL project
- Supervise the development, implementation and reporting of performance management support activities tasks in accordance with the MEL work plan
- Serve as primary liaison with USAID/Bangladesh
- Master’s or higher degree in management, organizational development, international development, social science, or related field
- Minimum of fifteen years of experience in public or private sector management, administration, and planning; international development, preferably in developing countries; monitoring and evaluation; and project design
- Minimum of eight years of supervisory experience
- Demonstrated leadership, strategic thinking/planning, management, and presentation skills
- Demonstrated experience in project management, organizational development, and monitoring and evaluation
- Academic credentials and experience in organizational capacity development, knowledge management and learning as well as managing group dynamics and high-performing teams
- Demonstrated experience managing similar large, complex programs (including subcontracts and satellite offices) in a multi-cultural environment and in providing consulting services to help clients analyze problems, devise and adopt solutions
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact with local professionals, international donor organizations, civil society and private sector, host country government counterparts, and other implementing partners in developing countries
- Fluency in English required
- Must be a legal resident of Bangladesh. S/he may be Bangladeshi or an expatriate already living in Bangladesh with a minimum of five years’ experience living and working in developing country
Only finalists will be contacted. Panagora is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices.
About the Organization
Panagora Group is a woman-owned small business providing novel and integrated solutions in global health and international development. Our vision is to provide high-quality, high-impact social and economic development consulting, with a special focus on public-private partnerships, human and institutional capacity-building, knowledge sharing and collaborative learning, NGO/community engagement, and integrated solutions that build country capacity and independence.