CAMRIS International is an international development and research firm that addresses development challenges through high-quality, cost-effective program and research management services. With experience working in more than 80 countries, we combine our proven systems with today’s most effective, evidence-based best practices to improve the lives of people around the world. We apply a customized, customer-centric, cost-effective business approach to offer greater value to our clients and challenge the way things have always been done in our field.
CAMRIS’ clients include U.S. government agencies and multilateral and private organizations. Our core practice areas include monitoring, evaluation and learning, public health, agriculture and food security, economic development, education, environment, humanitarian assistance, democracy and governance, and medical research.
CAMRIS seeks a Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) for the upcoming USAID’s Bangladesh Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (BMEL) Activity. The Bangladesh Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (BMEL) Activity will be a central platform for ensuring that development activities funded by USAID/Bangladesh achieve their intended results through the delivery of strong performance, evaluation, learning, and adaptive management services.
The Deputy Chief of Party will assist the COP in providing overall technical, administrative, and financial management leadership; prepare, review and monitor contract reporting and deliverables; oversee the recruitment and engagement of project staff and short-term consultants; and liaise with CAMRIS home office, relevant donor personnel, and project partners.
* Report regularly to headquarters, providing timely updates of all situational and project developments.
* Oversee human resources, program administration, security, logistics, procurement of supplies and equipment, and financial management
* Adhere to all USG rules and regulations regarding procurement of services, equipment and supplies, financial management controls and payments, and travel requirements
* Ensure the overall safety of office staff and short-term consultants through management of a security contract and ensuring staff strictly adhere to all security protocols
* Ensure that wages, salaries and benefits paid to local staff comply with all relevant Bangladesh labor laws.
* Oversee and coordinate all third-party audits of the contract
* Oversee the preparation and delivery of annual workplans and reports, quarterly performance monitoring reports, and other donor required reporting
* Ensure timely delivery of all payments to contractors, consultants and vendors
* Ensure the project complies with all Bangladesh laws regarding payment of taxes
* Provide leadership to overall project operations and reporting, ensuring that a team of core experts are in compliance with donor regulations.
* Ensure that the Mission’s needs are met in the most cost-effective manner possible.
* Oversee development and implementation of an operations manual and office policies regarding personnel, security, travel and property
* Negotiate and maintain contracts with a security firm, office landlord, and company(s) to maintain office equipment such as printers, computers and copiers
* Ensure all project property is inventoried and insured.
* Provide other assistance to the Chief of Party as needed
* Serve as Acting Chief of Party when the Chief of Party is unavailable.
* A Master’s or higher degree is preferred in management, organizational development, international development, social science, or a related field.
* At least ten (10) years of experience in one of the following areas: public or private sector management; administration; or financial management;
* At least five (5) years of experience serving as DCOP, or head of Administration or Finance under a USAID funded contract.
* Firm knowledge of USG and USAID regulations regarding procurement, contracts, budgets, and financial management.
* Familiarity with Bangladesh labor and tax laws
* Must have at least (5) years of supervisory experience.
* Strong English verbal and written communication skills
About the OrganizationCAMRIS is known throughout the U.S. for its leading edge services to support our national programs and particularly for serving our Veterans. CAMRIS is also known worldwide for excellence serving client programs to improve economic, social, political, and health conditions of people in all parts of the world.
For 45 years, since our first contact with USAID in 1963 and with work in every year since, our most important partner in the international sphere has been the United States Agency for International Development (“USAID”). In fact, CAMRIS has worked with USAID in each year since its founding. Before USAID we assisted its predecessor organizations dating back to the Kennedy Administration in 1961, to address humanitarian needs and to counter instability posed by underdevelopment.
To date CAMRIS has carried out assignments for USAID in 50 countries in all regions and in many technical areas. Today CAMRIS continues this proud tradition as it works on significant USAID assignments in Asia, Africa and Latin America. Our current work includes technical assistance to support major USAID-funded initiatives in the areas of Global Health, Democracy and Governance, Development, and Monitoring and Evaluation, and active assignments including several global initiatives and our present work in 24 countries (Afghanistan, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Botswana, Colombia, Democratic Republic of Congo, Egypt, Indonesia, Iraq, Ivory Coast, Jordan, Kenya, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Nigeria, Pakistan, Russia, Rwanda, South Africa, Sudan, Swaziland, Zambia and Zimbabwe).
ABOUT CAMRIS INTERNATIONAL
CAMRIS is an International Development Consulting Firm working within the public and private sectors to advance the human and institutional capacities of organizations and communities worldwide.
WHAT WE DO
We apply a combination of proven interdisciplinary, scientific and management approaches to identify, develop and implement the most effective solutions in support of our clients' program goals.
We do this most often in the areas of international development and global health, and selectively in additional areas where our cross-cutting capabilities are well suited to meet the needs of our clients.
We operate in all regions of the world, often in very challenging or austere conditions. At all times our focus is on evidence-based effectiveness, quality, reliability, and sustainability.
We successfully completed initiatives in nearly 80 countries to date.
* Short-Term and Long-Term Technical Assistance
* Program Management Services
* Institutional Support
* Research and Analytic Support
CORE PRACTICE AREAS
* Monitoring and Evaluation
* Capacity Building
* Project Design
* Knowledge Management
* Adaptive Technologies
* Democracy and Governance
* Infectious Diseases
CAMRIS has grown rapidly over the last 5 years to a peak of 200 staff, complemented by highly experienced consultants and collaborating partners and universities.
CAMRIS is headquartered in Bethesda, MD in the Washington DC metropolitan area, with remote offices, operations and worksites in various locations in the U.S. and overseas.