The USAID-funded Inclusive Peace and Political Transition Processes (PPTP) Strengthened opportunity is a community-based effort focused on four key technical areas: 1) Supporting transitional political processes; 2) Ensuring peace and political processes are maximally inclusive; 3) Supporting reconciliation and reintegration; and 4) Identifying, mitigating, and addressing conflict drivers to better support peace and transitions.
Creative Associates seeks a Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) for an upcoming donor-funded project in Yemen. The DCOP’s location is TBD; s/he will be responsible for key administrative management and activity operations. The Deputy Chief of Party provides technical and administrative support and expertise to the project, serves as lead in the absence of the Chief of Party (COP), and serves as a significant liaison with the donor, other implementing partners, other donors, and any other key stakeholders. The DCOP will have demonstrated ability to work in complex environments and manage diverse teams to deliver impact.
Reporting & Supervision:
Reporting directly to the COP, the Deputy Chief of Party will support the COP in the management of program operations and provide technical leadership and oversight, as needed. S/he will directly supervise the grants team, procurement team, the office manager, the IT department, travel/logistics staff, and the HR and administration team. S/he will additionally serve as primary liaison for international vendors.
- Ensure streamlined operations systems in line with Creative and donor rules and regulations;
- Provide administrative and logistical support to the portfolio of programs;
- Ensure an in-depth understanding of operational issues in Yemen;
- Streamline and maintain procurement processes to meet grant deliverables and milestones;
- Serve as the primary liaison to all grantees, subcontractors and vendors;
- Serve as primary liaison for Creative HQ on international subcontractor issues;
- Manage and oversee staff responsible for arranging travel and logistics for staff and project equipment and inventory;
- Provide timely and accurate reports on location of staff and assets and maintain proper hard and soft copy files for each. Reports may be requested by HQ or donor;
- Responsible for program compliance with Task Order, U.S. government (USG) rules and regulations, and Creative policies and procedures;
- Support COP in all operations tasks and duties;
- Manage, train, and mentor key Yemeni team members in the areas of administration, logistics, human resources, procurement, budgeting and finance; and
- Respond to requests from donor and supervisors as needed.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- A Master’s degree in public administration, public management or other related fields and seven (7) years of senior management experience with progressively increasing responsibilities managing development projects or ten (10) years of relevant experience to substitute the education requirement;
- Experience implementing and designing crime and violence prevention activities.
- Management, operational, and administration experience and expertise;
- Demonstrated experience in effectively working with local government structures, senior government officials, civil society actors, other donors and USG projects;
- Written and spoken fluency in English required; and
- Written and spoken proficiency highly desired.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Experience working in the Middle East and/or Yemen.
Local and regional candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Position contingent upon donor funding.
About the Organization
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic development and post-crisis stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.