Creative Associates International is accepting applications for Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) for the anticipated USAID-funded Syria Building Resilient and Inclusive Communities in Conflict (BRICC) IDIQ. The Building Resilient and Inclusive Communities in Conflict (BRICC) activity will foster resilience and stability in conflict-affected communities across Syria to prevent the re-emergence of extremist organizations such as ISIS, the counter the influence of malign actors such as Iran, empower communities to negotiate a peaceful resolution to the conflict, and pave the way for safe, dignified, voluntary return of internally displaced persons and refugees. BRICC will work to restore essential services in Syria; promote and strengthen inclusive, participatory, accountable and transparent governance; restore livelihoods; and expand access to education and vocational training. BRICC is anticipated to be a five-year, multi-task order IDIQ.
The DCOP will work in concert with the Chief of Party (COP), providing sound operational management in support of activity implementation. He or she will support the COP in all technical, operational, and management aspects of the project and ensure that all appropriate reporting requirements are met. The DCOP will report directly to the COP and will be considered Acting COP in his/her absence.
Reporting & Supervision:
This position reports to the Chief of Party.
- Provide operational management and leadership in coordination with the COP.
- Support the COP in operational and management, oversight and represent the project in the COP’s absence.
- Ensure the quality and timeliness of report submissions.
- Oversee all program operations, including administration, finance, human resources, procurement and logistics, IT, communications, and grants;
- Coordinate the day-to-day management of operational staff in all project offices;
- Provide daily oversight of all day to day operations including managing the operations team to ensure an operationally-sound program;
- Lead the development of annual work plans, milestone plans, and programmatic and operational budgeting;
- Ensure the timely preparation of required reports and deliverables, including quarterly, annual, and financial reports in accordance with USAID guidelines;
- Work with the COP to improve implementation processes throughout the project;
- Represent the project in local, national, and international meetings and events in the absence of the COP; and
- Assist in the identification, recruitment, and management of consultants, and subawardees.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, with additional experience in similar types of programs (Master’s degree preferred);
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant experience in program operations and management in support of large-scale international development programs in the stabilization technical sector with experience in conflict and post conflict environments;
- Experience coordinating with civil society organizations and remote management strongly preferred;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to develop relations with donors and key stakeholders;
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage and build high performing teams;
- Experience with USAID-funded programs preferred; and
- Excellent written and spoken English required, proficiency in Arabic strongly desired.
Position contingent upon donor funding.
About the Organization
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic development and post-crisis stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.