Chemonics seeks a deputy chief of party for the anticipated USAID/Senegal Entrepreneurship and Business Investment Program. Owned entirely by employees, Chemonics is ISO-9001-certified and currently working in 76 countries. For more than 40 years, we have partnered with local and international organizations to promote social and economic change. When the chief of party is absent, the deputy chief of party acts as the chief of party and serves as the principal point of contact in Senegal for procedural and substantive matters. The chief of party is responsible for all of the day-to-day technical activities and program implementation. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Act as the chief of party and serve as the principal point of contract in Senegal for procedural and substantive matters in the chief of party’s absence
- Oversee the day-to-day technical activities and program implementation
- Assist the chief of party in ensuring quality control and the overall responsiveness of technical assistance provided under the award
- Work with the chief of party to manage client relationships and oversee collaboration with other USAID and donor-funded programs and local stakeholders
- Assist the chief of party with project communications and monitoring and evaluation
- Assist with preparing quarterly reports, annual reports, and annual work plans
- Conduct other duties as assigned by the chief of party
- Minimum of seven years of management and technical experience
- Advanced degree (master’s or higher) in a relevant field
- Previous USAID chief of party or program manager experience preferred
- Experience with USAID programs required
- Experience with international donor-funded projects is required
- Demonstrated leadership in effective project management, technical and analytical skills, personnel management, and strong interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Strong communication skills both written and oral in English and French
Please send an email with your CV, three references, and a cover letter to SEPBIPRecruit@chemonics.com with “Deputy Chief of Party” in the subject line by July 12, 2019. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
The protection of your personal data is important to Chemonics. If you are located in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process your personal data. For more information, please read the EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice here: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/
About the Organization
Owned entirely by employees, Chemonics is an ISO-9001 certified international development company. For more than 40 years, we have partnered with local and international organizations to promote social and economic change around the world.