Counterpart International is currently seeking a Deputy Chief of Party to support the anticipated USAID Youth Jobs and Skills for Niger: Youth Connect activity. Youth Connect one of the activities supporting USAID’s Bridge Project, devoted to addressing the development challenges at the nexus of countering violent extremism and resilience. The purpose of the activity is to equip vulnerable young women and men in Niger with technical and life skills, networks, and capital for increased strategic economic opportunities.
The DCOP will have a technical role on the project as well as support the COP in the implementation of the project This position requires senior management experience. This role will act as COP in the adsence of the COP.
- An advanced degree in International Development, Organizational Development, Public Policy or other relevant areas of study;
- Minimum of 6-8 years of progressively responsible experience in international development;
- Demonstrated experience in managing international development programs including experience in youth livelihoods, employment and/or workforce development;
- Advanced educational background and knowledge relevant for similar projects in developing countries;
- Strong leadership, administrative, management, presentation, reporting, and communication skills and the ability to implement projects with diverse subject matter;
- Ability to perform at a high level and apply diplomacy skills with a wide range of stakeholders (i.e. national, provincial, district and local government officials, private sector, NGOs, and beneficiaries);
- Experience in gender, social inclusion, and/or youth development;
- Experience working on in sub-Saharan Africa strongly preferred;
- Previous experience managing USAID-funded programs highly preferred;
- Demonstrated experience in working effectively in advanced, complex, politically sensitive activities highly preferred;
- Experience with adaptive management approaches highly preferred.
- Fluency in French required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English required.
Note: Only qualified candidates will be contacted
About the OrganizationCounterpart International works to give people a voice in their own future through smart partnerships offering options and access to tools for sustained social, economic and environmental development. Counterpart's multi-sectoral capacity and experience offers beneficiaries direct access to in-house know-how in civil society and economic development, environmental resource management, health and social services, food security, sustainable agriculture and humanitarian aid. Counterpart currently manages a U.S. government-funded portfolio of $17 million and an annual distributions of $100 million in donated commodities, which supports community development activities in nearly 25 countries.