Deputy Chief of Party
DAI (Thailand) Ltd, an international consulting firm, is recruiting a highly qualified and motivated governance and conflict mitigation specialist as the Deputy Chief of Party on the USAID-funded Together program in Thailand. Based in Bangkok, the period of employment for this position is approximately three years with possibility of extension. Positions are open to Thai Nationals only.
Initiated in August 2018, Together is a four-year program that works with the Royal Thai Government to strengthen its capacity to engage and communicate with citizens, increasing its ability to effectively address citizen concerns and strengthen social cohesion. Together collaborates with CSOs to improve their capacity to advocate for public interests and work with government to develop solutions to common challenges. Through its partnerships and activities, Together expands the space for dialogue and reconciliation, and facilitates the growth of attitudes, networks, and mechanisms that nurture peace, tolerance, and responsive governance.
- Provide leadership in designing appropriate program strategy, approach and implementation plans, with focus on activities with Royal Thai Government agencies.
- Serve as primary liaison with senior Royal Thai Government counterparts and civil society partners on technical and managerial issues.
- Lead and manage program staff and partner representatives in identifying program opportunities, and to design, implement and monitor subsequent technical activities.
- Support and encourage engagement between national and local government agencies, civil society organizations, the private sector, media and other civil society groups to build capacity to mitigate conflict in focus areas of the program.
- Minimum 8 years of relevant experience in technical positions working to build the capacity of national and local government agencies and civil society and to strengthen government-citizen engagement, including significant experience with Royal Thai Government systems and institutional development.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in senior management positions on donor-funded programs working on governance and conflict mitigation issues in Thailand and/or the region. Experience working with Royal Thai Government agencies and civil society organizations on these issues is preferred.
- Deep knowledge and understanding of issues related to governance in Thailand and the technical aspects of governance programming, particularly in the Deep South, and ability to work effectively in politically sensitive environments.
- Demonstrated ability to provide thought leadership and to work collegially and collaboratively with other staff and other organizations and ability to work with groups and individuals across the political spectrum at local and national levels.
- Excellent public speaking and facilitation skills. Strong English and Thai reading, writing and speaking skills.
- Advanced university degree in social or political sciences.
Qualified candidates should submit a CV and cover letter (both in English) to ThailandRecruitment@dai.com by 27 January 2020.
Please specify the position title in the subject line of the transmittal email. Due to the high volume of applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No phone calls or in-person applications will be accepted.
About the Organization
DAI is an international development company. For 40 years, we have worked on the frontlines of international development, tackling fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. Currently, DAI is delivering results that matter in some 80 countries. Our development solutions turn ideas into impact by bringing together fresh combinations of expertise and innovation across multiple disciplines. Our clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and national governments.