We are currently seeking qualified Deputy Chief of Party candidates for the anticipated five-year USAID/Ukraine Youth Unity Activity.
The DCOP will support the Chief of Party in overseeing project implementation and will provide technical and management leadership to the overall project. S/he will represent the project to external stakeholders including government officials and donors and will supervise project staff to ensure that project activities are completed in a timely manner and are of high technical quality.
- Provide technical and management leadership, develop technical strategies and oversee the design and implementation of project activities in coordination with project technical experts.
- Oversee the quality of all technical aspects of the project, including the management of potential subgrantees, short-term consultants and monitoring and evaluation and grant making activities.
- Manage the preparation and presentation of work plans, M&E plans, and all reports with the Chief of Party.
- Supervise the grants and monitoring and evaluation teams and provide quality assurance of all activities under those portfolios.
- Establish relationships with key project stakeholders and manage donor and government partnerships in collaboration with the Chief of Party.
- Perform other duties assigned by the COP and represents the project in the absence of the COP.
- Master’s degree in international development, public administration, communications/media, law, sociology or other related fields;
- Minimum 7 years of experience required in the design, management and implementation of international development projects with a minimum of 10 years working on development activities with donors, local civil society organizations, and/or private sector foundations;
- Demonstrated experience with USG program monitoring and evaluation activities and at least 5 years of experience with USG development programs, including USAID.
- Experience managing complex donor-funded development programs in areas such as youth development, confidence building, civic engagement, inclusion, or related areas.
- Track record of successfully building and effectively managing diverse teams of employees;
- Ability to analyze complex, politically sensitive issues and ensure strategic program coherence in dynamic environments;
- Expertise in youth development, civic engagement, inclusion, and/or democracy development technical disciplines;
- Effective interpersonal skills, creative problem-solving, and outstanding judgement;
- Demonstrated experience required in performance monitoring, tracking data quality, data management, and/or training in performance management topics;
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects, consultants, set realistic priorities, and plan for the successful implementation of programs required;
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, consultants, and recipients of assistance required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Russian required.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
About the Organization
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology– creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories.