Job Title: Deputy Chief of Party
Place of Performance: Iraq (country-wide)
Duration: Three years (extendable)
Reports to: Chief of Party
Purpose of the Project:
The purpose of the Performance Management and Evaluation Services (PMES) activity is to provide a wide range of services to USAID to enable it to effectively monitor program performance and operational context; evaluate the performance of results of USAID/Iraq activities; and, learn and adapt for improved effectiveness. USAID/Iraq needs to improve the quality of the Mission’s performance management practices so that monitoring and evaluation becomes easier, faster, more useful, and more cost-effective. The overarching goal of PMES is to improve performance management – to enable the USAID/Iraq Mission to effectively collect, manage, and use performance information to achieve its development objectives.
SREO Consulting is looking for an individual to serve as Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) to support leading a potential USAID contract in Iraq to implement monitoring and evaluation services for a wide range of projects. The DCOP works to ensure the contract is managed responsibly and oversees the research team’s progress towards achieving project goals. This includes overseeing field data collection as well as the submission of final deliverables.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for day to day supervision of staff and resources of activities under the contract;
- Assist COP in performance management systems, financial management and timely completion of all activity deliverables;
- Responsible for duties related to contract administration and operations including personnel management;
- Assist with overseeing and coordinating staff training and capacity building for monitoring and evaluation staff;
- Coordinate with local focal points in Iraq, government officials, academics, donors and stakeholders.
Qualifications & Skills:
- An advanced university degree in economics, international development, business/financial management or relevant field with demonstrated professional experience in project management is required.
- Excellent managerial and operational experience with prior USAID experience is highly preferred.
- Experience in supporting complex research activities involving remote management and coordination with multiple program partner institutions is required.
- Full professional proficiency in spoken and written Arabic and English is required.
- Experience living and working in challenging, stressful and potentially conflict environments is desired;
- Familiarity with USAID’s Collaborating, Learning and Adapting (CLA) approach is highly desired;
- Experience working on USAID projects, particularly in Iraq, is highly desired.
Interested individuals must submit their CV, cover letter and three (3) references referencing the position. Any questions concerning this position can be directed to email@example.com. The deadline to receive complete applications is 03 April 2020.
About the Organization
SREO Consulting Ltd. is an independent, non-partisan research and monitoring & evaluation consultancy founded in 2013. We are committed to serving humanitarian, stabilization and development actors operating in the most challenging environments around the world by providing unbiased and actionable data, analysis and research. SREO is headquartered in Istanbul, Turkey with offices in Washington DC, Iraq, Tunisia and Mali.