Creative seeks a Deputy Chief of Party for the anticipated USAID/Jordan Technical Assistance Program. The project seeks to transform the organizational culture and capacity within the Government of Jordan (GoJ) to successfully implement education and youth reforms. This will include providing support to the GoJ policy reform and complementary technical assistance to relevant stakeholders on systems management; monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL) systems; evidence-based planning and decision -making; human resources management systems; and financial resource management that are in support of enacting policy reforms in the areas of education and youth development.
The Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) makes operational decisions and manages the various technical components of the program, including on sub-awards. The DCOP works closely with the Chief of Party, other program team members, and external stakeholders, to ensure the program achieves results.
Reporting and Supervision:
This position reports to the Chief of Party (COP).
- Oversee all program operations, including administration, human resources, procurement and logistics, IT, communications, and grants;
- Coordinate the day-to-day management of operational staff in all project offices;
- Support the COP in managing the project team, provide technical direction and guidance to the technical team members, and work with the COP to craft technically sound programming;
- Ensure the timely preparation of required reports and deliverables, including annual workplans, quarterly, annual, and financial reports in accordance with USAID guidelines;
- Facilitate knowledge management, communications, and information flow for program implementation;
- Ensure project activities are meeting client expectations and that project results and accomplishments are disseminated appropriately;
- Represent the project in local, national, and international meetings and events in the absence of the COP; and
- Assist in the identification, recruitment, and management of consultants, and subcontractors/subawardees.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum of a master’s degree or equivalent in management, or a related social science field;
- At least eight (8) years of experience in relevant management, supervisory, technical experience working with programs that are of a similar scope and scale to this project is required;
- At least five (5) years of experience working on education, youth, and/or systems strengthening programming within Jordan is required;
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of capacity building and professional development;
- Demonstrated success in managing sub-awards with international consortiums including local government entities and stakeholders;
- Demonstrated communications and interpersonal skills and experience in managing team of 10+ people and ability to mentor staff;
- Proficiency in English preferred and proficiency in Arabic language is highly desirable,
- Previous experience with USAID-funded programs required; and
- Jordanian nationals are highly encouraged to apply.
Local candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Position contingent upon donor funding.
About the Organization
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions, and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.