Banyan Global is a woman-owned small business and international development consulting firm committed to improving livelihoods through market approaches for a broad and lasting impact. The firm is headquartered in Washington, DC with staff working in several developing countries. Banyan Global operates seamlessly within six practice areas: gender, youth, finance and investment, enterprise development, health, and evaluation and learning.
Banyan Global is currently seeking potential staff for the upcoming USAID-funded project “Youth Employment for Migration Prevention (YEMP) Activity.” The purpose of the Youth Employment for Migration Prevention (YEMP) Activity is to increase employment of youth at risk of irregular migration in support of Mission-wide efforts to reduce irregular migration to the United States by increasing their educational and income generating opportunities. The beneficiaries will be youth from high out-migration areas as well as other youth at risk of irregular migration, including returned youth migrants. In certain geographic areas youth will be vulnerable and/or at risk of being victims or perpetrators of violence and or at risk of gang recruitment.
*Please note that this position is contingent upon Banyan Global’s selection as the primary for the YEMP Activity by USAID.
- The Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) will work with the Chief of Party (COP) to manage the program’s implementation and oversee its performance, management, and operations.
- The DCOP is expected to assist the Chief of Party in interacting with a range of stakeholders representing the private sector, national and local government, international donors, and other U.S. Government agencies.
- Assist with high-quality, timely and complete submission of work plans, financial reports, performance reports, etc.
- Provides overall strategic direction for technical areas of the Activity and facilitates the achievement of program objectives and targets with management and technical support.
- Directly supervises and coordinates the work of the technical program teams and ensures appropriate collaboration across all teams.
- Ensures daily operations of the overall program and oversees that the implementation of activities is on schedule and that reports.
- Ensures new plans and budgets are prepared with sufficient lead time to get the necessary approvals.
- Demonstrates diplomacy and leadership to foster an atmosphere of teamwork, productivity, creativity, fairness, equity, and innovation, and support for diversity.
- The candidate must be professionally proficient and fluent in written and spoken Spanish and English.
- Master’s degree or higher in a field related to workforce development such as education, economics, business, international development, organizational development.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of relevant experience working in international development with youth and workforce development, at least five (5) of those years working in a supervisory capacity.
- Minimum of five (5) years of proven of experience working on US government projects.
- Demonstrated experience in working with senior government officials, local authorities, and private sector executives to support a program’s objectives.
- Previous experience implementing international cooperation activities.
- Technical expertise in workforce development, youth vocational training, job linkage, and working with at risk youth.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
Salary commensurate with background and experience. Banyan Global is an equal opportunity employer.
Please apply to the position through our website, http://www.banyanglobal.com/careers.php and include a cover letter and resume in your submission. Please no phone calls.
About the OrganizationBanyan Global is a small, women-owned development consulting firm, founded on the principle that integrating expertise and experience from the development community and private sector will achieve a broad and lasting impact. Through market-driven, business approaches, Banyan Global works with the private sector, civil society, and government to improve livelihoods, build markets, and promote efficient resource allocation in developing and transitional economies. Banyan Global operates seamlessly within four practice areas: health sector development, microfinance, enterprise development, and financial sector development. Gender is a cross-cutting area of expertise.
Banyan Global brings together a unique team of professionals with experience in international development and the private sector. Banyan Global provides advisory, policy, and regulatory services; program management; technical assistance and training; and research and evaluation. Banyan Global also provides niche expertise in gender and post-conflict. Banyan Global's clients include leading bilateral and multilateral donor agencies, regional development banks, foundations, not-for-profit organizations, business, and industry. Banyan Global holds a significant portfolio of subcontracts for USAID-funded work and has worked in more than 35 countries, serving clients in Africa, Asia, Eastern Europe, Latin America, and the Middle East.