Tetra Tech is seeking applications from qualified individuals for a resident Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) for an anticipated USAID energy project in Tunisia. This energy project will assist the Government of Tunisia in its effort to meet increasing demand for electricity and promote energy conservation by: 1) leveraging available external sources of assistance to catalyze renewable energy development, 2) creating the necessary conditions for supporting and facilitating private sector-led energy investments, and 3) supporting efficiency improvement interventions. The position is full-time and is contingent upon contract award. The DCOP will support the COP in implementing the project and be responsible for providing day-to-day project leadership in the management of operational staff and oversight of cross-cutting technical services. This is a five-year fixed-term appointment with benefits.
- Work closely with the technical staff and COP to achieve defined project results, produce deliverables on schedule, and build successful partnerships with stakeholders, counterparts and the donor community.
- Assist the COP with day-to-day project management and quality control support to improve the overall responsiveness to USAID.
- Manage the preparation and production of the project’s progress reports, workplans and other contractual deliverables.
- Supervise the project’s cross-cutting staff and related activities including training, monitoring and evaluation, communications, gender integration, and environmental compliance.
- Assist the COP in collaborating with home office staff on work-planning, activity design, scheduling and implementation, drafting technical justifications for USAID approvals, reporting and budgeting.
- Coordinate with the home office in Arlington, VA on the sourcing, recruiting, hiring, deployment, and onboarding of staff, consultants, and subcontractors.
- Maintain and update the project budget to mitigate cost overruns.
- Provide leadership and support during project start-up and close-out regarding setting up the project office, operations and logistics, recruitment, on-boarding and staff administration, etc.
- Act as a liaison to the home office for day-to-day problem-solving.
- Serve as an acting Chief of Party (COP) in the absence of the COP.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Essential KSA’s Required (experience, skills, education, certification, etc.):
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience in the implementation of complex international development projects.
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher in the international development field, including engineering, policy, legal, finance, economics, and/or other related field. A Master’s degree strongly preferred.
- At least 5 years providing management of operations on a USAID or other donor-funded energy project.
- Supervisory experience in the international development industry, specifically with long-term field staff and short-term U.S., third country, and local experts.
- Demonstrated knowledge, skills, and/or experiences in financial planning and management, and procurement, among other management support areas/functions.
- Ability to establish strong working relationships with senior national and local government officials, the private sector and civil society.
- A proven record of excellent management, administrative and organizational skills.
- Excellent leadership skills including strategic thinking, decision-making, oral and written communications, ability to motivate and collaborate with others to achieve team goals.
Valued but not required KSA’s:
- Fluency in French and/or Arabic.
Apply online at:http://p.rfer.us/TETRATECHPJo9U4
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
• Cover Letter
• CV in reverse chronological format
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s IDS ad posted.
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
About the Organization
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting and engineering services. The Company supports government and commercial clients by providing innovative solutions focused on water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. With more than 17,000 associates worldwide, Tetra Tech's capabilities span the entire project life cycle.