The goal of the USAID Trade Central Asia (TCA) Activity is to improve region-wide trade connectivity and harmonization to accelerate economic growth and increase economic opportunity in 5 Central Asian Countries (Kazakhstan, Kyrgyz Republic, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, and Turkmenistan), as well as connectivity with Afghanistan. The TCA Activity will facilitate strengthening of key institutions, regional standards and regulations that support trade activities.
Purpose of Position
The Deputy Chief of Party will work closely with the Chief of Party to manage the day-to-day operations of the project.
Duration: 5 years
Location: Almaty, Bishkek, Dushanbe, Tashkent or Ashgabat
Roles and Responsibilities:
In the absence of the Chief of Party, serves as the project representative, liaising directly with USAID, counterpart governments, Palladium Home Office, local implementing partners and the local private sector.
Supports the Chief of Party in the successful management of all administrative and programmatic functions and activities in line with the project’s Scope of Work and approved annual work plans.
Provides technical and managerial leadership and, in collaboration with the COP, builds partnerships with key stakeholders.
Supports the annual work plan process and completion of high-quality deliverables.
Conducts communications and media relations in close coordination with USAID as required.
Travels throughout Central Asia as needed to ensure successful project implementation.
- Demonstrated experience managing international development programs related to trade facilitation.
- Senior management experience, including managing large budgets and teams of professionals in a developing country and oversight of financial management and procurement functions.
- Advanced educational background in Business, Economics, International Development, etc. or equivalent relevant experience.
- Experience designing and implementing strategies for trade facilitation, and/or export promotion in various sectors.
- Experience preparing reports for USAID or other donor-funded programs.
- Experience in the former Soviet Union, Central Asia, or other countries with similar challenges in the legal and business environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Proven experience developing and finalizing high quality deliverables.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a wide range of stakeholders (i.e. host government counterparts, local government, private sector, and other donors).
- Experience implementing regional programs preferred.
- Experience integrating gender equality within trade and/or private sector development activities is a plus.
- Fluency in English and Russian required.
About the Organization
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.