Job Title: Deputy Chief of Party
Job Location: Monrovia, Liberia
Job Category: Healthcare Management
The Mission encourages the Offeror to consider recruiting qualified Liberian nationals for key personnel positions to build local capacity in Liberia. The Contractor will deploy the COP and DCOP in Monrovia within 30 days from the contract award date. All other key personnel will be deployed in Monrovia within 60 days of the contract award date. All key personnel must have fluent (Level IV) English language proficiency.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Deputy Chief of Party’s responsibility will be to provide support, leadership, and technical expertise to the overall management of the Liberia Strategic Analysis (LSA) activity. In addition to providing key support to the Chief of Party on all management areas under his/her direct supervision, the successful candidate will serve as the senior M&E Advisor to the LSA period. A strong background in monitoring, evaluability assessments, analysis, and implementation of performance evaluations of development assistance programs and experience in the application of statistical methods is desirable.
In addition, the selected individual will have substantial evaluation (both performance and impact evaluation) design expertise, and experience in performance monitoring and evaluation in complex environments.
Specifically, the Deputy Chief of Party will:
● Serve as the lead senior Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) advisor to LSA.
● Provide support to the COP to ensure that the activity meets all its performance and reporting requirements.
● Proven skill in working with both quantitative and qualitative methodologies and analysis.
● Provide technical quality control over M&E related services, including reviewing proposed evaluation methodologies, implementing agency monitoring and reporting systems, and overseeing surveys.
● Provide leadership and guidance on the overall monitoring and evaluation effort, and in conjunction with the CLA/KM Advisor, help make the Mission’s IPs learning and adaptive partners for all USAID’s assistance efforts in Liberia.
● Work with COP and CLA/KMA, ensuring that monitoring and evaluation information is shared and fully utilized through knowledge sharing and strategic learning processes to speed innovation and improve upon and bring new innovations to the Mission’s programmatic work in country.
EDUCATION, REQUIREMENTS, AND MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
The Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) must have a minimum of eight years professional work experience managing complex international development capacity building or training activities with significant expertise in monitoring and evaluation as well as the related reporting in an international donor environment.
In addition, an advanced degree in a field relevant to development assistance, international affairs, political science, sociology, economics, statistics, business, public administration, organizational development, communications, or a closely related field is required. The selected individual must be computer literate and possess superior oral and written communications skills.
The DCOP has the authority to oversee the LSA contract’s operations and act appropriately in the absence of the COP. The DCOP shall be responsible for ensuring reporting requirements are met, managing day to day project administration, and serving as the senior M&E advisor for the LSA activity.