We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Deputy Chief of Party/Advocacy Coordinator in Cambodia.
FHI 360 seeks a Deputy Chief of Party for a USAID civil society strengthening program in Cambodia. The goal of the Civil Society Support activity is to expand civic space to strengthen democratic reforms and promote and protect human rights.
The Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) will provide technical leadership and administrative support and expertise to the program, serve as lead in the absence of the Chief of Party, and serve as a liaison with USAID/Cambodia, other implementing partners, other donors, and any other key stakeholders. The Deputy Chief of Party will be support effective and meaningful capacity building of Cambodia civil society organizations, citizens, government officials, the private sector, local partners, and media partners, as well as promoting a strategic communications approach that will result in increased knowledge of and participation by all local stakeholders in project activities. The position is responsible for incorporating this approach as crosscutting to all project activities and amplifying the impact of the program in a manner that increases collaborative civic engagement between citizens and government institutions. They will develop and implement advocacy strategies focused on local community priorities.
- Bachelor’s Degree or its international equivalent – in Law, International Relations, International Development, Public or Business Administration, Community Development, or related field; a graduate degree is desirable;
- Must have at least five (5) years of prior technical experience in dealing with multiple stakeholders, specifically on citizen participation, and governance programs, with preference given to experience with USAID Programs in Cambodia;
- Knowledge of USAID policies and procedures;
- Substantial experience with a broad range of media and social media platforms.
- Experience working with and supporting Cambodian CSOs to advocate for their constituencies’ needs is highly desirable .
- Prior experience working in multi-sector networks, including civil society, the private sector, government officials, municipal authorities, media outlets, and other donors highly desirable.
- Fluent written and verbal communication in Khmer and English is required.
About the Organization
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.